The Student Room Group

Job Hunt

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm trying to find a job and it just seems so bleak as a graduate. The things I'm passionate about are just not getting back to me, or it's a no, or I'm not qualified to apply. I've even had a hard time finding a part-time job, but I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong. I'm kind and hardworking and I know it's hard on everyone but I just don't physically think I can do anymore. I've thought about teaching but everybody says absolutely not to do that, but besides that I'd like to work in a pastoral/social work setting as I have tons of experience in welfare-type roles (I've applied for a mental health social work scheme but they've also messed up placements this year so I'm not optimistic). I've never struggled with comparison before now but it feels like everybody else is sorted. I don't know whether I want anybody's ideas or reassurance or what but if anybody has a suggestion of where to go from here I'd appreciate that, as the last thing I'd want is to be forced back into my mum's house since it's not really an option, but I don't know what else to suggest...

Edit: Going to add onto this for context that I have ADHD and more than my fair share of mental health issues which makes the job hunting process so much more draining, it doesn't feel feasible for me to alter my CV after every single posting, surely people aren't doing this for the hundreds of jobs you have to apply for...? I've done it with part-time jobs before but the stakes feel a lot lower somehow
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 1
Bumping this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending