The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing unit3
Reply 2
get the pack from tutor2u.net tat should help u =]
Reply 3
We got those packs they really help but there is so much to learn . I have been focusing on my Sociology which is tommorrow after that it will be business all the way + LAW!!

O i hate this time of year!
vultac
get the pack from tutor2u.net tat should help u =]

I have got BUS2 and BUS3 examinations for AQA Business Studes on the 5th June, and i have also purchased the Tutur2U package, and so far it has been really beneficial in helping to dissect the case study and allow for some question predicting :smile:
Reply 5
michaelbenson
I have got BUS2 and BUS3 examinations for AQA Business Studes on the 5th June, and i have also purchased the Tutur2U package, and so far it has been really beneficial in helping to dissect the case study and allow for some question predicting :smile:

Yeah i agree i find going through and predicting questions a really good way of learning. But i am just worried that none of the questions will come up dont want to be too relient on them. Blooming S4U!
adil_2006
Yeah i agree i find going through and predicting questions a really good way of learning. But i am just worried that none of the questions will come up dont want to be too relient on them. Blooming S4U!

Obviously AQA have mastered the art of covering aspect of the specification within the case study, however my Business Studies teacher informs me that this is the first time that the case study has ended with a decision to be made. Therefore, i think it is safe to assume that some form of question involving the decision could feature within the examination paper, although that is still sort of open ended :smile:
Reply 7
anyone has royal mail as their case study¿¿¿???? wat kinda questions might come up??? i have some questions:
QUESTIONS:
1)what are marketing objectives identify royal mail;s possible objectives
2)what is marketing? evaluate royal mails current marketing efforts.
3)what is a marketing mix?explain royal mail;s elements of marketing mix.
4)what is market segmentation? on what basis does TRM segment its market.
5)what is marketing research? which is more appropriate for royal mail- field research or desk research?
I believe that the Royal Mail case study is for the Edexcel examination board, the AQA Business Studies case study is dealing with a fictitious bespoke sportswear company called "S4U".
Reply 9
yes...dat is true
Reply 10
Guys, is the tutor2u package delivered electronically or on a CD? Hope it's the former or it will take to long.

And whichever it is, how long does it to take to arrive from the date of process (two hours ago for me)?

Thanks.
rarrar
Guys, is the tutor2u package delivered electronically or on a CD? Hope it's the former or it will take to long.

And whichever it is, how long does it to take to arrive from the date of process (two hours ago for me)?

Thanks.

The package is delivered via CD. I actually was worried about the issue regarding its shipping, but i received the CD manually via first class, i would assume you'd receive the same treatment.
Reply 12
I live abroad (Hong Kong) so I know they use air mail. Could you give me an estimation on how long it may take?
rarrar
I live abroad (Hong Kong) so I know they use air mail. Could you give me an estimation on how long it may take?

Well i dont live in Hong Kong, so it would be impossible for me to guess. I would assume perhaps a week or so at the max. I am assuming that like us, you have your examination on the 5th June? It should arrive before then.
Reply 14
michaelbenson
Well i dont live in Hong Kong, so it would be impossible for me to guess. I would assume perhaps a week or so at the max. I am assuming that like us, you have your examination on the 5th June? It should arrive before then.

Yeah, I know, foolish to assume you would. I sent an email off to them. If it's over a week, I'll cancel.
rarrar
Yeah, I know, foolish to assume you would. I sent an email off to them. If it's over a week, I'll cancel.

Woah, woah! Don't cancel, just simply send them a support query asking if they could possibly provide you with an idea of where the package is now, since most delivery services have some form of tracking device. At least then you can tell whether or not the item has been sent, and how long, generally you should be waiting.
Reply 16
No, no, I was planning to contact them, and if the CD was going to take over a week to arrive (bearing in mind the exam is on 5th June) then I would cancel. As it happens, I should have it with me by tomorrow.
Does anyone know how the BUS2 and BUS3 exams compare with BUS1 in terms of difficulty?
Reply 18
My class has a talk today from one of the examiners who helped write the paper. He mentioned some very useful things and gave us a load of handouts.

I've written up a summary of what he said at the bottom of this page:

http://wikinotes.cdpuk.net/wiki/AQA_Business_Studies_June_2006_Case_Study
(See "Advice and possible hints from examiners" section)

-Chris
Wilko_777
Does anyone know how the BUS2 and BUS3 exams compare with BUS1 in terms of difficulty?

Obviously the two examinations will be harder, because it is much more difficult to prepare for the examination since they are essentially very much context based. Although the actual content and definitions for which you need to learn regarding the specification is pretty much consistant throughout all the modules.

Latest