The Student Room Group

DBS Disclosures and Barring Services

How long does an enhanced DBS generally take?

I applied for mine on 06/06/2014 and have found the following update:

Stage 1 (Application Form received and validated): Completed on 06 Jun 2014
Stage 2 (Police National Computer searched): Completed on 11 Jun 2014
Stage 3 (DBS Children, DBS Adults and List 99 searched, where applicable): Completed on 11 Jun 2014
Stage 4 (Records held by the Police search): In Progress
Stage 5 (Certificate Printed): Not Started

Why is it taking so long to process police check? Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I called DBS and they said they didn't know. This is my first DBS.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DJM816
How long does an enhanced DBS generally take?

I applied for mine on 06/06/2014 and have found the following update:

Stage 1 (Application Form received and validated): Completed on 06 Jun 2014
Stage 2 (Police National Computer searched): Completed on 11 Jun 2014
Stage 3 (DBS Children, DBS Adults and List 99 searched, where applicable): Completed on 11 Jun 2014
Stage 4 (Records held by the Police search): In Progress
Stage 5 (Certificate Printed): Not Started

Why is it taking so long to process police check? Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I called DBS and they said they didn't know. This is my first DBS.

Had a quick look on the DBS website and it says that the time it takes is approximately 4 weeks for an enhanced DBS check. Although I know that my DBS check happened quicker than the approximate time, so I think it can also be down to the number of applications and other variables too.
Took me a month twice.
mine is taking forever
Stage 1 (Application Form received and validated): Completed on 23 Aug 2016 Stage 2 (Police National Computer searched): Completed on 26 Aug 2016 Stage 3 (DBS Children, DBS Adults and List 99 searched, where applicable): In Progress Stage 4 (Records held by the Police search): In Progress Stage 5 (Certificate Printed): Not Started

stage 3 was processed and went to the police now its gone back to stage 3
Reply 4
There's backlogs with the Metropolitan Police so if it's gone to them it could take ages. If it's gone back to stage 3, it's because there's been a query on it. This could be anything as complex as undeclared names being discovered or as simple as a spelling mistake when writing your address.
they have been told to hurry up with it
Original post by dagoro1
There's backlogs with the Metropolitan Police so if it's gone to them it could take ages. If it's gone back to stage 3, it's because there's been a query on it. This could be anything as complex as undeclared names being discovered or as simple as a spelling mistake when writing your address.

thanks
Reply 7
Original post by julie-dave
mine is taking forever
Stage 1 (Application Form received and validated): Completed on 23 Aug 2016 Stage 2 (Police National Computer searched): Completed on 26 Aug 2016 Stage 3 (DBS Children, DBS Adults and List 99 searched, where applicable): In Progress Stage 4 (Records held by the Police search): In Progress Stage 5 (Certificate Printed): Not Started

stage 3 was processed and went to the police now its gone back to stage 3
Did you find out why it went back to stage 3?
Reply 8
Did you find out why it went back to stage 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending