The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
any one got a swot analysis on s4u please?
Biznessteacher
I have told my students to make sure they have a sound knowledge of all the laws on the syllabus but in particular they need to know The Competition Act and the Fair Trading Act. If anyone has a copy of Anderton AS Level BS for AQA - pages 254-255 should be useful! Just think how the law could apply to S4U - and for evaluation marks what would happen in reality. This: http://www.bized.ac.uk/educators/16-...regulation.ppt might be useful

Thanks. Gosh I wish you were my teacher. Lucky students. :p:

CCFC

http://wikinotes.cdpuk.net/wiki/AQA_Business_Studies_June_2006_Case_Study#A_Possible_SWOT_analysis_of_S4U
Reply 82
many thanks
CCFC

I would personally advise you to do your own, it'll make you think and understand the case study in more detail - use this link - its quite helpful in devising a SWOT www.tutor2u.net/business/s4u/default.html.

Also do a separate one for various points within the case study as the SWOT would change depending on what point of the case study you are looking at eg. at the start staff were quite motivated, but towards the end, staff morale was low - and hence your SWOT would change.

Thats all from me, good luck everyone - just thought I would see how folks were getting on with this and to point you in the direction of free resources!

Good luck! :smile:
gemgems89
Thanks. Gosh I wish you were my teacher. Lucky students. :p:

No worries, and thanks, I will tell them that! (actually i already do tell them that and they just laugh at me! Ho hum!)
Biznessteacher
I would personally advise you to do your own, it'll make you think and understand the case study in more detail - use this link - its quite helpful in devising a SWOT www.tutor2u.net/business/s4u/default.html.

Also do a separate one for various points within the case study as the SWOT would change depending on what point of the case study you are looking at eg. at the start staff were quite motivated, but towards the end, staff morale was low - and hence your SWOT would change.

Thats all from me, good luck everyone - just thought I would see how folks were getting on with this and to point you in the direction of free resources!

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 86
You got any links for Unit 1? Like Wiki notes.
indianmn
You got any links for Unit 1? Like Wiki notes.
Try http://www.tutor2u.net/sub_marketing.asp

Smaller writing, in future, would be appreciated. :biggrin:
Reply 88
oh god the exams tommorow...ive revised everything now and i need to remember formulas now and read the case study again!

Good luck everyone
Reply 89
Yep, good luck to everyone! Remember that "failure to prepare is preparation to fail" - and it ESPECIALLY applies in these case study based business study exams!

So if you have read and analysed and understood the case study until you have got to a point where 'you just can't do anymore' (!) then its cool, just go out there tomorrow afternoon and "collect up" the marks :wink: lol
Reply 90
oh !!! i havent opened a book yet i was kinda of very nievly hoping i could blag my way through it like i have before but your comment has made me some what nervous now .. i was planning to cram tonight but i have a migraine .. sods law isnt it =[
good luck everyone x
Reply 91
good luck everyone..hope i don screw it up this time :P
Reply 92
Malathi
Yep, good luck to everyone! Remember that "failure to prepare is preparation to fail" - and it ESPECIALLY applies in these case study based business study exams!

So if you have read and analysed and understood the case study until you have got to a point where 'you just can't do anymore' (!) then its cool, just go out there tomorrow afternoon and "collect up" the marks :wink: lol

or prior preperation prevents piss poor performance :wink:
Reply 93
Any tips for sitting through the whole 3 hours and keeping a high level of concentration?

I am going to take a bottle of water in with me but are there any other things?
Reply 94
im only doing unit 3, 1 hour!
Reply 95
Im taking unit 3 for the third time, so third time lucky and all that. Got 89/120 last summer and 88/120 in January, surely i cant get 87:rolleyes:
Reply 96
I know this is EXTREMELY late, but I was revising with a mate on MSN, and he sent me this. It's far too detailed to read it all before the exam, but it might be useful to some, so I put it on here.

Just trying to help!
Reply 97
lol 46 pages! madness
Reply 98
hm only a few hours to go (i start at 1, all 3 units, greeeat, NOT)

hm if currecy goes from $1:£2 to $1:£3 is that appreciation or depreciation of the pound?
Reply 99
the pound is depreciating against the dollar cos u are getting more pounds for every dollar isn't it?

Latest