The Student Room Group

Border Force National Campaign September 2023

Yes,

Yet another Border force recruitment.

I was expecting this at this time of year.

This campaign is being run by SSCL, who in my opinion are even more incompetent than the usual Border force recruitment.

Cardiff is back on the list, so I’m applying yet again.

Who else is in?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Only 21 vacancies across all sites….. expecting lots of reserve list placings.
Reply 2
Original post by NOkw1
Only 21 vacancies across all sites….. expecting lots of reserve list placings.

I was confused at first too but it doesn’t mean there are 21 vacancies it means there are 21 locations with vacancies
Reply 3
Original post by Jamstac
I was confused at first too but it doesn’t mean there are 21 vacancies it means there are 21 locations with vacancies

Never make it easy do they 😂
Reply 4
Just completed the games.

3rd time having a go and still don’t understand the electricity test 😔
Reply 5
Luckily I haven’t had to do the games, they pulled through the results from a training managers role I applied for.
Reply 6
Just had an email to say I’ve passed the initial ‘test’ and now invited to the written test
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by James9103
Just had an email to say I’ve passed the initial ‘test’ and now invited to the written test

Which location
Reply 8
Just Cardiff

Original post by NOkw1
Which location
Reply 9
Original post by Jamstac

It states “Number of positions available” 21 but there are also 21 sites listed this will be my fourth time applying each time ive ended up on a reserve list or been offered spots in London but i cant move to London tbh also is this is being done by the recruitment company they used one time before then the process is infuriating.
Reply 10
Well that’s probably me out. Didn’t pass the first assessment, even though they used prior test scores for a BF job from April that was a higher grade. I went on to be successful at interview but put on reserve.

Appeal sent!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by NOkw1
Well that’s probably me out. Didn’t pass the first assessment, even though they used prior test scores for a BF job from April that was a higher grade. I went on to be successful at interview but put on reserve.

Appeal sent!

I’m out too. I passed last year and got to interview. Stupidly I applied for the immigration officer role in august. The test was really glitchy and I didn’t pass. When I applied for this they used the same test score which I think is really unfair. I appealed and they are not interested!
(edited 7 months ago)
Quick question how quickly do you progress through to test stage after submitting your application? Ta
Reply 13
Original post by Runner1708
Quick question how quickly do you progress through to test stage after submitting your application? Ta

Straight away for application to tests.

it was about 2 days from tests to written tests.
Straight away for application to tests.

it was about 2 days from tests to written tests.

Thank you
Reply 15
Just completed the written test.

Quite straight forward, plenty of time, and it doesn't have to be done on a desktop either.
Reply 16
Further to my last post,

Just had an email saying my application won’t be taken any further 😂😂.
(edited 6 months ago)
Further to my last post,

Just had an email saying my application won’t be taken any further 😂😂.

Absolute jokers. They are worse than the other ones 😂 still can’t see why they can’t extend the 6 month reserve list from the other campaign to be honest.
Reply 18
Original post by Runner1708
Absolute jokers. They are worse than the other ones 😂 still can’t see why they can’t extend the 6 month reserve list from the other campaign to be honest.

It made me laugh to be honest.

Used the same answer I’ve used twice before which passed both times.

I’ve emailed to asked for any feedback.
It made me laugh to be honest.

Used the same answer I’ve used twice before which passed both times.

I’ve emailed to asked for any feedback.

Let us know what they say!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending