The Student Room Group

DWP Visiting Officer

Has anybody worked as DWP Visiting officer? What does the work entail? Is it stressful? Is the training intense? Could not find any info.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serenity111
Has anybody worked as DWP Visiting officer? What does the work entail? Is it stressful? Is the training intense? Could not find any info.

I’m wanting to find out further info also. I’m interested in the vacancy but was wondering how far I would have to travel. Would only want to travel local

From what I’ve seen it would be visiting people who are claiming disability and assessing them to see if they are eligible. Assessing how they carry out certain tasks in the home etc. can’t find out much more than that

I’m wanting to find out further info also. I’m interested in the vacancy but was wondering how far I would have to travel. Would only want to travel local
Reply 4
In the job advertisement it gives locations which you can make up to three location choices.
I’m wondering the same. I’ve had a look to see if I can find out how big the area is to cover. I’m interested in the vacancy but only want to travel local
Reply 6
Is it vacancy reference 336135? If so there is a video you can watch,

https://youtu.be/nvK-D0-2870?si=ryHfx4beFWtN9gSN

I am assuming its visiting locally tagged to whichever location you choose.
Original post by Bookie16

Thanks for the video 👍🏻
Reply 8
Original post by Bookie16

Thanks for video, extremely helpful.
Did anyone apply for the visiting officer job ? If so has anyone heard anything back from their application ?
Original post by BabyButler2005
Did anyone apply for the visiting officer job ? If so has anyone heard anything back from their application ?
I’ve applied but heard nothing as of yet.
(edited 2 months ago)
I heard back today regarding an interview invite. Hope this is helpful
Original post by Ririjade
I heard back today regarding an interview invite. Hope this is helpful
Did you have to choose an area when applying? Can’t remember if I did or not.
I’ve not heard anything back yet so maybe that’s because I haven’t been selected for interview.
Good luck!
I have been invited to interview also, good luck all x
Original post by Zowiimarts83
I’ve not heard anything back yet so maybe that’s because I haven’t been selected for interview.
Good luck!
No not yet, you will be asked if successful at interview. Which area would you apply for?
I have been invited to interview also, good luck all x
Good luck! Which area are you based? If you don't mind me asking
No not yet, you will be asked if successful at interview. Which area would you apply for?
Sheffield, Rotherham and Chesterfield
Good luck! Which area are you based? If you don't mind me asking
Am in the East Midlands so would go for Ilkeston or Alfreton. How about you ?
Original post by Zowiimarts83
Good luck!
They will be working there way through, mine didn’t come through til around 4pm. Fingers crossed for you x
They will be working there way through, mine didn’t come through til around 4pm. Fingers crossed for you x
Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending