The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greywolftwo
Well my mum was watching the news and told me that the government might not open schools for two years?

That is almost entirely unfounded at this stage I think!
Reply 21
I'm actually done man how can they do this!? This is a joke:frown:
Original post by XxxvatxxX
What's gonna happen with gap year students doing A-Levels? Some of them don't even have predicted grades, and there's no way they would use their in-course assessment from 2 years back from secondary school...

They didn't even mention the private students with no teachers, what's happening with them?

my thoughts exactly - I'm homeschooled and was meant to sit my exams this year and it seems as though the government isn't giving us any thought. Boris said no young person will be left out and it seems as though us private candidates are and honestly it's kinda scary because I have no idea what I'm going to do now. Making me wait until Autumn while those in school get a grade then have a choice to sit it again in the Autumn isn't exactly fair. What about the home-ed students that need these grades for summer?
Reply 23
Original post by Greywolftwo
Well my mum was watching the news and told me that the government might not open schools for two years?

I feel like that is WAAAYYY too long - definitely don't see schools closing for 2 years.. maybe 6/7 months at the most?
Tough for the kids who were revising hard for exams to try do better than their predicted grades - I certainly "overachieved" in my exams a few years ago and this obviously can't be accounted for in this situation.

Unlucky guys.
Original post by Obolinda
Yeah, it's not great. But it's decent. What else can they do? There's even an option to sit the exams later if they're not happy with the grade.

LOL do you realise how many people aren't happy at this stage?
doesnt really seem fair, rich kids will get better grades than their poorer counterparts.Some unit tests are harder in some schools than others therefoire it would be stupid to compare them.
how is this fair on private candidates? This is making me more restless coz its so vague!!!!!
If that's how they will award grades then I think many can say out loud - I am doomed.
Will GCSE's be taken into account for A-Levels or more likely AS Levels?
This is ridiculous teachers dont know **** about students. I increased by 3 grades for almost each subject from gcse mocks to the real things. I can already tell most of the new predicted grades r gonna be bs ffs
Original post by Evil Homer
That is almost entirely unfounded at this stage I think!

I should hope so - I will be driven to insanity if they actually confirm it though.
I reckon I could have improved my prior grades by AT LEAST one full grade. Probs about to get clapped by the system...
I am ****ed. My future is ruined :frown:
Can we choose which results we can retake or would we have to retake them all?
Will they be awarding us a special measure for the disruption?
This is what I wanted then to do so it's good to see them doing it. Those that have worked hard across the whole 2 years will be happy whilst those that were working to improve in the final exams still have that chance.
Original post by young.one
Will they be awarding us a special measure for the disruption?

You are not taking the actual exams, so no.

very likely to be choose
Reply 39

lets say you do appeal cos you're not happy with the grade given does this mean you go uni the following year? Cos exams have to be sat in 2021? This is maddnesss I actually cannot believe this - our future's are ruined!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending