The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psycoology
honestly I can’t even comprehend anything you're saying right now. sorry just ignore my post.

It's fine.

There's a lot of uncertainty right now.

I don't think there's much anyone can do over the weekend- I'd suggest trying to do something nice for your mental health. Take a break from the news if you think it will help.
Reply 381
Hi does anyone know what would happen to the students who are retaking A level exams? Would I have to contact my teachers and do some mock exams at my school or would my previous teachers give me grades based on previous grades (which were not good).
Original post by sweetstars
I'm so screwed, I didn't put in as much effort in mini tests and in my mocks I did so bad. Even if my teacher thinks I can do better, my grades don't show. I wanna cry, everything always goes downhill for me.

I'm in the exact same spot. My mentality this whole year was that it only mattered in the real thing and so I failed all my mocks and most of my internal exams
Original post by 1st superstar
I disagree the grades should be distinguishable from other grades

So this entire cohort (or those that don't choose to sit the exam) will be disadvantaged?
Original post by Treetop321
So this entire cohort (or those that don't choose to sit the exam) will be disadvantaged?

Yes
Original post by Aam0
Hi does anyone know what would happen to the students who are retaking A level exams? Would I have to contact my teachers and do some mock exams at my school or would my previous teachers give me grades based on previous grades (which were not good).

No-one knows for sure, but the advice is to contact your exam center on Monday. Contact your exam board as well, if they can't help.
Yes

Why? It was completely out of their control.
Original post by Hallowkin
I’m not okay.

I actually am not okay.

Not knowing if I’ve failed for 3.5 months is going to kill me.

You wouldn’t know this before July even if exams were still on, would you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It's fine.

There's a lot of uncertainty right now.

I don't think there's much anyone can do over the weekend- I'd suggest trying to do something nice for your mental health. Take a break from the news if you think it will help.

I have like 6 assignments to do within a very limited time. And I was doing everything well but now I can’t focus until they allow me to boost my grade to a C from a D. And this is ESPECIALLY frustrating but I doubt they will update over the weekend. So I can’t even relax. I hope others can though.
Thank you and I think that it's wholly unfair that their grade B with hold the same value as my B when do my a-levels next year cause ya know I am actually gonna SIT the exam and actually be stressed out not sit on my backside and have what is basically a 6 month "holiday"!! If I was a employer I would not hire anyone who was meant to sit their exams in 2020 unless they are resit students. Discriminatory? Yes. Fair? Yes.

Can I politely suggest that we keep this thread for people who want help and advice about the situation, and if you want to debate the fairness or otherwise of this you start your own thread?
Thank you and I think that it's wholly unfair that their grade B with hold the same value as my B when do my a-levels next year cause ya know I am actually gonna SIT the exam and actually be stressed out not sit on my backside and have what is basically a 6 month "holiday"!! If I was a employer I would not hire anyone who was meant to sit their exams in 2020 unless they are resit students. Discriminatory? Yes. Fair? Yes.

Lmao you are one selfish, salty boi. Get back to studying and stop giving useless input!
Are we still supposed to be getting a UCAS update today? Or was that government update it?
UCAS just twitted
Original post by endergirl123
unfair im retaking english language gcse and i need a 6 for medicine, my ****ing teacher predicted a 3 for english literature and i got a 7, how the hell will this work?

Yeh its second hand embarassment that the government picked the easiest most trash way out of this. Everyone knows how useless predicted grades are. I just feel sorry for someone who started pulling there weight towards the exam season, but will lose out anyway. Almost no student goes all out for mocks, most dont even take it that seriously. Someone tell me there is still an option, to sit AS exams before applying to uni later this year?
I havent had a chance to check everything thoroughly yet.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Hallowkin
I’m not okay.

I actually am not okay.

Not knowing if I’ve failed for 3.5 months is going to kill me.

Won't we have a better idea of our grade than normal? We know what grades our teachers think we will get.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Can I politely suggest that we keep this thread for people who want help and advice about the situation, and if you want to debate the fairness or otherwise of this you start your own thread?

Ok
guys I think I will get AAB
what do I do for the rest of the year, is there a point in revising? some1 plz helpme

Stfu
Original post by Orlaith-c
I'm in the exact same spot. My mentality this whole year was that it only mattered in the real thing and so I failed all my mocks and most of my internal exams

I’m sorry that’s the case for you, but let this be a lesson for any year 11s reading this: put as much effort into every assignment and mock as you would the real exam because who knows for how long the virus will be around, and the work you do could have the potential to determine your future.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by dentistKCL
guys I think I will get AAB
what do I do for the rest of the year, is there a point in revising? some1 plz helpme

If you are happy with what you think you will get, there is no point revising.

Latest

Trending

Trending