The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by discovery01
"just retake bro" do you understand how pathetic you sound? i'm speaking about the inaccuracy of grades even if people get awarded As and A*s

They are weighting it so that the grade distribution is similar to previous years - stop panicking and read the first post.
Reply 61
Another private candidate, homeschooler and resitter here, feeling suspended in mid air. When can we expect some clarity on this?
Original post by Obolinda
I appreciate that this may produce many inaccurate grades. In this case, they can still sit the exam later on. This isn't perfect but I'm not sure what the alternative is.

I agree to an extent- I think some groups will be more disadvantaged than others, but this seems like a good system with checks and balances that will work for most students.
Does anyone know if your grades could go up from your original predicted grades with this method- because I was hoping to do better in the real exams
What about circumstances where I’ve not performed well throughout the year due to mental problems which I’m just getting out of and was preparing already for exams?
So no lower grade boundaries and nothing at all to help get a better grade in these stressful and unfair circumstances?

My mfl and English teacher despises me.
Original post by futureellewoods
Does anyone know if your grades could go up from your original predicted grades with this method- because I was hoping to do better in the real exams

I really hope they do because letting a teacher decide is unfair.
Original post by ChickenBlen
Resit students: Guess we'll just die then

I know this is probably a joke but please remember that this is a public site and you don't know who could be reading your posts and there are a lot of very stressed and worried people out there.
A flippant comment could result in genuine harm to someone who is in a bad frame of mind right now :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by helooo45356
but for those complaining they did outline you have an opputunity to sit your exams at the start of the next academic year

Yeah but it's not so easy to say that especially for those retaking
Original post by futureellewoods

Potentially yes
Your grade will not be a predicted grade from your teacher. It will be a grade calculated by the exam board using information provided by your teacher.
Reply 70
Original post by Greywolftwo
I should hope so - I will be driven to insanity if they actually confirm it though.

Did the education minister even confirm this yet? tbh I'm not listening to anything right now until he speaks!
Time to start buying your teacher gifts of bog rolls and dried pasta, folks.
Original post by medshield
What about circumstances where I’ve not performed well throughout the year due to mental problems which I’m just getting out of and was preparing already for exams?

The statement literally says there will be an appeals process?
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi guys,

I know many of you will have lots of emotions and thoughts on this! If any of you want to express them, a journalist from the I has called up asking for student opinions. He would need your first name and your reaction to this news if you are in year 11 and 13.

If any one fancies this, could you please send me a direct PM with the above?

You can also post your comment, but would need a first name to credit this to!
Original post by discovery01
Lmao so you think somebody who gets an A* is going to resit? you're delusional

I'm not sure why you're insulting me. I won't be carrying on this conversation after this :smile: . But I appreciate this is not perfect and may produce many inaccurate grades
Original post by young.one
I really hope they do because letting a teacher decide is unfair.

Your teacher is not deciding.
The exam boards will give teachers clear guidance on what information to provide. The exam board will then use that information as well as other details to calculate your grade.
Original post by Super_M8rio
This is ridiculous teachers dont know **** about students. I increased by 3 grades for almost each subject from gcse mocks to the real things. I can already tell most of the new predicted grades r gonna be bs ffs

same here went from a 3 to a 7 in GCSE Physics
GIVE US THE PREDlCTED GRADE AAAAAAARGHAG
REVOLT
Original post by PQ
I know this is probably a joke but please remember that this is a public site and you don't know who could be reading your posts and there are a lot of very stressed and worried people out there.
A flippant comment could result in genuine harm to someone who is in a bad frame of mind right now :frown:

I am a resit student aswell so I'm in the same boat, I just wanted to give a little humor to a dark situation thats all.
Original post by Reality Check
Time to start buying your teacher gifts of bog rolls and dried pasta, folks.

I salute the teachers that will be going into school to help those who are children of key workers, vulnerable and on free school meals. At a time like this they are the real heroes.

Latest

Trending

Trending