The Student Room Group

A-Level Business and Economics for an economics degree at a top UK university?

I have just finished year 12, and am currently studying Economics, Business, Maths, and Further Maths at A-Level. My desired universities I am considering are Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, King's, UCL, Bath, etc.

Would such universities consider the combination of business and economics to be too 'narrow' and undesirable?

I have contacted and received conflicting advice from the likes of these universities, saying that the focus is more on both maths and further maths, however online forums seem different.

Thank you.
So generally it's mainly an issue if you're taking those two in combination as just a part of three A-levels - as you're doing four A-levels I would imagine generally a much lesser concern. LSE might have qualms if you were applying to the less mathematical joint honours courses in economics (e.g. economics and politics), as they may then consider maths and FM a bit narrow, but also economics and business a bit narrow. For the more mathematical joint honours courses in economics and for the single honours economics course I think you'd be fine.

Just don't drop FM (if you have to drop a subject, drop one of economics or business studies).
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply, I've found it to be very reassuring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending