The Student Room Group

Warwick PPE 2024 applicants

For those applying, what are your predicted grades / gcses / how are you feeling

predicted: A*A*A* maths, econ, chem
gcses: 9999888887

i can't find acceptance rates online lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for PPE, with A*A*A*A maths physics modern greek english literature.
gcses 9999988887
feeling pretty decent cos i know that the acceptance rate is decently high but idk, how about everyone else
Reply 2
Applied PPE
Predicted A*A*A* economics maths and FM
Plus EPQ A*
Gcse all 9s
But not confident will get the offers with 3 A levels only
What other Uni did you apply and have you got any offer yet?
When will Warwick give out offer the earliest?
Reply 3
Original post by Harryip
Applied PPE
Plus EPQ A*
Gcse all 9s

I spoke to an admissions officer today at the open day and they said that everything is taken into account for ppe including ps and gcses, they also said if you’re exceeding the entry requirements you have a good chance of getting an offer, so I think you’ll be fine. They said they’ve now started the process of giving offers it just takes longer because of them having to look over the applications in more detail in comparison to other courses - they said you would probably hear from them in a month if you’re someone they’re giving an early offer to
Reply 4
Original post by alexis_341
I spoke to an admissions officer today at the open day and they said that everything is taken into account for ppe including ps and gcses, they also said if you’re exceeding the entry requirements you have a good chance of getting an offer, so I think you’ll be fine. They said they’ve now started the process of giving offers it just takes longer because of them having to look over the applications in more detail in comparison to other courses - they said you would probably hear from them in a month if you’re someone they’re giving an early offer to

Do they require TSA or just predicted grades?
Reply 5
Original post by Harryip
Do they require TSA or just predicted grades?

Just grades I’m pretty sure
Reply 6
Original post by alexis_341
Just grades I’m pretty sure

What other uni did you apply and have you heard back from any?
Reply 7
Original post by Harryip
What other uni did you apply and have you heard back from any?

Oxford Durham Manchester York, and I’ve got offers from Manchester and York but preferably I want Oxford/Warwick/Durham
Reply 8
I’ve seen people on the Reddit getting ppe offers for Warwick
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Harryip
Applied PPE
Plus EPQ A*
Gcse all 9s

I doing same subjects as you do and predicted the same with same gcse grades but I haven’t heard anything either but I know some ppl already got offers and a bit worrying
Reply 10
i think they are giving them out to only internationals right now since all the offers i have seen are from students abroad. Tbh it seems like most candidates will have 2 or 3A*s and similar gcse profiles, so it should all be down to the personal statement in the end
Original post by Harryip
I doing same subjects as you do and predicted the same with same gcse grades but I haven’t heard anything either but I know some ppl already got offers and a bit worrying
Reply 11
Original post by hr27
i think they are giving them out to only internationals right now since all the offers i have seen are from students abroad. Tbh it seems like most candidates will have 2 or 3A*s and similar gcse profiles, so it should all be down to the personal statement in the end

Some uk students already received offers with 4A* prediction
Reply 12
Well I have 3A*s so where’s mine :/

Original post by Harryip
Some uk students already received offers with 4A* prediction
Reply 13
I also have 3A* plus epq A* still not have offer too… guess they give to 4A* first
Hey there, International Student here. I think I got my Warwick offer around a week and a bit ago. I had A*A*A*A* as my predicted for Maths, Econ, History and English Lang. I'm not quite sure why it's internationals that've got their offers first. As far as some of you guys saying that the 3 A levels may harm your application, Warwick's website says they only consider 3 in the first place (perhaps they encourage more than 3 like any strong university) so it shouldn't be a great deterrent. I'm waiting on UCL, LSE and Oxford, the latter 2 of which I'm not as sure about but will still toss my hat in the ring. Feel like unis want more international students to get the 3x fees out of us, which while it is understandable may frustrate home students. That said, I've full confidence that all of you will do great with your unis, and only wish you the best. If anybody has updates on the other 3 unis i mentioned (i got york but I'm not sure why I applied bcz i got the offer a mere 6 hours after applying and didn't even really consider it as an option for me), do contact me. Cheers!
Original post by Godsemperorak
Hey there, International Student here. I think I got my Warwick offer around a week and a bit ago. I had A*A*A*A* as my predicted for Maths, Econ, History and English Lang. I'm not quite sure why it's internationals that've got their offers first. As far as some of you guys saying that the 3 A levels may harm your application, Warwick's website says they only consider 3 in the first place (perhaps they encourage more than 3 like any strong university) so it shouldn't be a great deterrent. I'm waiting on UCL, LSE and Oxford, the latter 2 of which I'm not as sure about but will still toss my hat in the ring. Feel like unis want more international students to get the 3x fees out of us, which while it is understandable may frustrate home students. That said, I've full confidence that all of you will do great with your unis, and only wish you the best. If anybody has updates on the other 3 unis i mentioned (i got york but I'm not sure why I applied bcz i got the offer a mere 6 hours after applying and didn't even really consider it as an option for me), do contact me. Cheers!

Also, for all the home students, I would like to know your opinion when weighing options like Warwick vs UCL. As an int student who's focusing on US apps, I would like to go to a uni with a great academic scene while having a great reputations and connections for employability. It may be difficult to weigh these, but I'd really appreciate if any of you guys who prolly have more knowledge on UK unis could help me here if I had to make such a decision. I don't doubt the prestige of LSE and Oxford and thus would be stoked if I got offers from either of them, without a doubt enrolling.
Applied: PPE
Predicted: A*A*A (Maths, Econ, History)
GCSEs: 88888877776,A,M2
Feeling a bit nervous looking at my competition, but hopefully my ps is enough to get me over the line.
Reply 17
Original post by Godsemperorak
Also, for all the home students, I would like to know your opinion when weighing options like Warwick vs UCL. As an int student who's focusing on US apps, I would like to go to a uni with a great academic scene while having a great reputations and connections for employability. It may be difficult to weigh these, but I'd really appreciate if any of you guys who prolly have more knowledge on UK unis could help me here if I had to make such a decision. I don't doubt the prestige of LSE and Oxford and thus would be stoked if I got offers from either of them, without a doubt enrolling.

Hi, having visited both ucl and Warwick personally I much preferred Warwick. In terms of courses; ppe is clearly a central course for Warwick but a smaller and peripheral one at ucl. In Warwick they have a big centre just for the subject whereas ucl department seemed to be a basement jn the politics department. It felt the uni is more focussed on bigger departments such as econ. Others might disagree of course. Also hold in mind the area: Warwick is a campus uni and London of course a massive vibrant (and pricey) city. So do consider where you would be happier. Hope that helps! Both of course prestigious unis for ppe.
Reply 18
Original post by thfc_ishan
Applied: PPE
Predicted: A*A*A (Maths, Econ, History)
GCSEs: 88888877776,A,M2
Feeling a bit nervous looking at my competition, but hopefully my ps is enough to get me over the line.

Excellent a levels for ppe and good GCSEs, I’m sure it will work out and if not there are other fab options. Where else have you applied?
Original post by hr27
For those applying, what are your predicted grades / gcses / how are you feeling

predicted: A*A*A* maths, econ, chem
gcses: 9999888887

i can't find acceptance rates online lol

What are my chances do you think?

predicted: A*A*A* maths, econ, physics
gcses: 99999998888

Acceptance rates from a freedom of information request seem to be around 70%; Warwick gave around 850 offers for around 1100 applications in 2021.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending