The Student Room Group

Grant thornton 2024 entry

Hi guys, I’ve just started year 13 and i’ve applied for the Public Sector Audit school leaver programme at GT. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the application process?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jls00987
Hi guys, I’ve just started year 13 and i’ve applied for the Public Sector Audit school leaver programme at GT. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the application process?

Hey, I start tomorrow for Audit!
1. online assessment: take your time, have a calculator on hand for any maths questions. It’s basic gcse content and focuses on data analysis so it shouldn’t be too hard. For the situational judgment make sure you fully understand GT’s CLEARR values as you’ll be assessed against this.
2. Vid interview: from what I remember it was 5 questions lasted around 10-15mins. Basic questions: why you applied, the sector you applied for and why, why an apprenticeship etc. use the STAR technique and remember the CLEARR values
3. Case study assessment: was the hardest stage, not much tips for this tbh. Just utilise the practise case study on GT’s website
4. Group exercise: best stage! Be yourself, contribute but don’t be overbearing and include the quiet people. There’s no way to prep for this.
5. 1:1 manager interview: the managers at GT are so friendly, the interview wasn’t hard at all. Remember it’s a two way street so always ask the interviewer questions at the end! Good luck : )
Reply 2
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

before the online assessment did you have like strength based questions asked where you would fill in the gap of sentences best suited to your way of thinking?
Reply 3
also is there any chance you get to submit your CV? as it didn’t give me anywhere to submit mine when applying.
also is there any chance you get to submit your CV? as it didn’t give me anywhere to submit mine when applying.

No CV needed
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

before the online assessment did you have like strength based questions asked where you would fill in the gap of sentences best suited to your way of thinking?

Ooo no I did not, I assume they’re doing things differently this year then
Reply 6
hey guys! I just got an invite for AC. Im so worried now cause I feel like itll get more competitive now?! Anyone whos done this recently plzz help me out and tell me its nothing complicateddd.. thx guyz :smile:
Original post by _.faraaaz_
hey guys! I just got an invite for AC. Im so worried now cause I feel like itll get more competitive now?! Anyone whos done this recently plzz help me out and tell me its nothing complicateddd.. thx guyz :smile:

I work at GT.
It was really chill, task is completely unrelated to accounting. Just be yourself and have fun. Contribute but don’t be overbearing. Smile and look professional, good luck x
Wow, I came across your post from last year. Congratulations on getting the offer! I saw someone mentioned that GT wasn't great (even with his username), and I was quite puzzled about it. Wondering how do you feel about working at GT?

I've just passed my case, and they mentioned it's now in the shortlisting phase. Fingers crossed for getting the AC & getting the offer!

Original post by Hellokitty123abc
I work at GT.
It was really chill, task is completely unrelated to accounting. Just be yourself and have fun. Contribute but don’t be overbearing. Smile and look professional, good luck x
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by SwimmingFloating
Wow, I came across your post from last year. Congratulations on getting the offer! I saw someone mentioned that GT wasn't great (even with his username), and I was quite puzzled about it. Wondering how do you feel about working at GT?

I've just passed my case, and they mentioned it's now in the shortlisting phase. Fingers crossed for getting the AC & getting the offer!

Hey, which role did you apply for and is it based in London? I’m currently waiting for my AC
Original post by Hokuto25
Hey, which role did you apply for and is it based in London? I’m currently waiting for my AC

Yes, London Audit. I am also waiting. I think if you apply to other cities, you will get an AC invitation directly. No shortlisting phase.
Reply 11
Original post by SwimmingFloating
Yes, London Audit. I am also waiting. I think if you apply to other cities, you will get an AC invitation directly. No shortlisting phase.

Oh I see! I'm doing Commercial Audit in London. Sorry just to clarify, did you get asked when to book it?
Original post by Hokuto25
Oh I see! I'm doing Commercial Audit in London. Sorry just to clarify, did you get asked when to book it?

No, as I said, I am still in the shortlisting phase, which means they will contact me again if they decide to give me an AC invite. However, there are chances that they will decide not to because London is very competitive. If you applied to other cities, I think there's no shortlisting phase, which means you will be asked to book directly after you pass your case.
hey guys just had my AC today.. I honestly dk how it went but ig it was alright lol... how long do they usually take to get back to you?
Hey guys! I just got an email from GT saying im now amongst the shortlisted people who might get invited for an interview.. it basically was a coaching call invite... is this a good thing? or is it just some automatic email which goes to everyone who is done with their AC. thx guyz
Reply 15
How was the case study - worried its going to be really hard and I wont pass it.. Any structuring tips?
Reply 16
I was just told that I passed the case study and the next round is a group exercise - does anyone have any insights/tips? Thanks!
Reply 17
I've got to the case study stage of the process, does anyone have any advice or tips for it?
Hey guys! I just got an email from GT saying im now amongst the shortlisted people who might get invited for an interview.. it basically was a coaching call invite... is this a good thing? or is it just some automatic email which goes to everyone who is done with their AC. thx guyz

So did I this morning! Well done, however I am also unsure if everyone gets this
Reply 19
hey guys just had my AC today.. I honestly dk how it went but ig it was alright lol... how long do they usually take to get back to you?

What sort of stuff did they ask you to do for you AC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending