The Student Room Group

Low ucat - dentistry?

2430 band 1. Predicted 2:1 in biomedical sciences. Where can I apply?
Not fussed if graduate or undergrad.

Had a look online - is it easier to get into med with a low ucat than dentistry?

Had been using Medify and scoring okay so now unsure of my next steps :frown:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
med and dent are both very different. but if you're in debate between both i would say purely based on ucat, apply to med because cut-offs are lower in comparison to dentistry.
but dentistry and med are soo different pls think about the reason why you want to apply to either?
Reply 2
Original post by rash-glue
med and dent are both very different. but if you're in debate between both i would say purely based on ucat, apply to med because cut-offs are lower in comparison to dentistry.
but dentistry and med are soo different pls think about the reason why you want to apply to either?

Ideally, I wish to pursue dentistry but my low ucat score has me questioning whether it is the right choice for me.

I know both med and dentistry are different (I have shadowing experience in both) but after looking into low ucat universities I noticed the cut offs are lower for med than dentistry. Therefore I think it would be sensible to explore all my options and be realistic.

Hope that explains my reasoning a bit better ◡̈.

Quick Reply

Latest