The Student Room Group

Brampton Manor Sixth Form

Hi, so I’ve been thinking of applying to Brampton for a while now and I know they have pretty high grades needed to get in so I’ve been wondering if with these set of predicted grades, I’ll have a solid chance of getting in
Maths-7
English lit-9
English lang-9
Science-7-6
Business-7
Geography-7
French-9
RE-9
Bearing in mind, The alevels I want to do is English lit,politics, french OR philosophy.
Any advice from current Brampton students would be great thanks

Scroll to see replies

Not a Brampton manor student but go to a selective private school and those 7s and 76 in a combined science will really hold you back. A bit late now to get those predicted up but you should really only have 9s and 8s predicted as that's what my school expected from me and I know Brampton manor is very good so I'd assume a similar grade profile.
Original post by ibbyndow
Hi, so I’ve been thinking of applying to Brampton for a while now and I know they have pretty high grades needed to get in so I’ve been wondering if with these set of predicted grades, I’ll have a solid chance of getting in
Maths-7
English lit-9
English lang-9
Science-7-6
Business-7
Geography-7
French-9
RE-9
Bearing in mind, The alevels I want to do is English lit,politics, french OR philosophy.

Firstly your grades look quite good for your subject choices but i just wanted to point out that for the first year in Brampton you would have to do 4 a levels instead of 3, but afterwards you can drop a subject. Nevertheless, you should still be able to do all your choices with these grades, however, you might want to get higher grades for your other subjects, only because you want to have a higher grade point average (GPA) so that you have a greater chance of getting in.

Hopefully this helped!
Maths-7
English lit-9
English lang-9
Science-7-6
Business-7
Geography-7
French-9
RE-9

If you change your choices to English Literature, French and Spanish you would be accepted as languages are hardly studied in the UK?! ☹️ lol Also, Languages have the highest acceptance rate at Oxford and Cambridge, at just under 1 in 2 i.e. 50% 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully Smart
Firstly your grades look quite good for your subject choices but i just wanted to point out that for the first year in Brampton you would have to do 4 a levels instead of 3, but afterwards you can drop a subject. Nevertheless, you should still be able to do all your choices with these grades, however, you might want to get higher grades for your other subjects, only because you want to have a higher grade point average (GPA) so that you have a greater chance of getting in.

Hopefully this helped!

Ohh okay,yes. My GPA is a 7.4 so I think that’s alr, and in my feb mocks i can lift up my predicted grades if I do good in them
Thanks!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by thegeek888
If you change your choices to English Literature, French and Spanish you would be accepted as languages are hardly studied in the UK?! ☹️ lol Also, Languages have the highest acceptance rate at Oxford and Cambridge, at just under 1 in 2 i.e. 50% 🙂

Yess i was thinking of doing french but it looks kinda hard😭
Yess i was thinking of doing french but it looks kinda hard😭

Not too hard, it just requires a lot of effort initially to get to grips with the grammar and the new vocabulary. 🙂
Hi,
I want to apply to Brampton Manor sixth form in the following year, and I was wondering if I have a solid chance of getting an offer with these predicted grades. I have a GPA of 7.6
Sociology- 9
RE- 9
Maths- 8
Biology- 8
Spanish- 8
English Language - 8
English literature - 7
Chemistry - 7
History- 6 :frown:
Physics- 6 :frown:

And the subjects I want to study are, Sociology(9), Re (9), Maths (8), Chemistry (7). Are these high enough as I am aware Brampton is extremely competitive? I will also receive my mock results at the end of January which is near the deadline but I think my grades for Chemistry and History are a lot higher than my predicted so is it best if i wait? Or be early and apply with my current grades? Can current BMA students reply or anyone else familiar with how the school works??

Thanks!!!!
(edited 4 months ago)
I’m applying too these are my predicted grades do I have a chance at being accepted to bma
English lit-7
English lang -8
Combined science -98
Re-7
History-7
Italian-5
Business-6
Food preparation and nutrition-7
Maths-7

I wanna do bio chem and psychology
Original post by gstudent123
I’m applying too these are my predicted grades do I have a chance at being accepted to bma
English lit-7
English lang -8
Combined science -98
Re-7
History-7
Italian-5
Business-6
Food preparation and nutrition-7
Maths-7

I wanna do bio chem and psychology

Yes, go ahead and apply!!! 🙂
Has anyone applied and heard anything
Reply 11
Hi,I’ve just finished my application and I haven’t heard anything. They said they’ll send an email once your referee completes the reference
Reply 12
Original post by Gcsestudentof24
Hi,
I want to apply to Brampton Manor sixth form in the following year, and I was wondering if I have a solid chance of getting an offer with these predicted grades. I have a GPA of 7.6
Sociology- 9
RE- 9
Maths- 8
Biology- 8
Spanish- 8
English Language - 8
English literature - 7
Chemistry - 7
History- 6 :frown:
Physics- 6 :frown:

And the subjects I want to study are, Sociology(9), Re (9), Maths (8), Chemistry (7). Are these high enough as I am aware Brampton is extremely competitive? I will also receive my mock results at the end of January which is near the deadline but I think my grades for Chemistry and History are a lot higher than my predicted so is it best if i wait? Or be early and apply with my current grades? Can current BMA students reply or anyone else familiar with how the school works??

Thanks!!!!

Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently y12. If you want to do Maths/Chem at A-Level, it is a must for you to get a 9 - they are highly competitive courses. The humanities courses are more lenient with their grade requirements - a 7 and above is guaranteed to get into that subject.
Hi,I’ve just finished my application and I haven’t heard anything. They said they’ll send an email once your referee completes the reference

What do they say in that email? Do you happen to know how the interview process will work?
Reply 14
Original post by direcherub
What do they say in that email? Do you happen to know how the interview process will work?

In email they just thanked me for applying and they said that they’re gonna contact my head of year and once they’ve heard from her they’re gonna be back in touch with me
They also said that my referee has 7 days to complete my reference or the application wont continue
They didn’t say anything about the interview but I think if the grades meet the criteria they’re gonna invite you to the school to discuss ur subject choice.Im not too sure about that tho
In email they just thanked me for applying and they said that they’re gonna contact my head of year and once they’ve heard from her they’re gonna be back in touch with me
They also said that my referee has 7 days to complete my reference or the application wont continue
They didn’t say anything about the interview but I think if the grades meet the criteria they’re gonna invite you to the school to discuss ur subject choice.Im not too sure about that tho

They most likely wont invite you to the school, the interview should be held online, idk if they changed it since last year
Reply 16
Original post by Hopefully Smart
They most likely wont invite you to the school, the interview should be held online, idk if they changed it since last year

Ohh okay

Oh yeah i got that email as well, thanks
At the end of your interviews did the person say look forward to seeing you in July??? Does that mean I got in or was it like an accident??? Because actual offers aren’t until March 28
Reply 19
Original post by Lila12345
At the end of your interviews did the person say look forward to seeing you in July??? Does that mean I got in or was it like an accident??? Because actual offers aren’t until March 28
They said that to me asw. I think it’s for the induction day that they’re gonna send more details about later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending