The Student Room Group

Clarendon Scholarship 2024

I haven't seen a dedicated forum for Clarendon Scholarships 2024 candidates this year. Perhaps this space can be used to keep a track of when people are getting interviews and acceptances/rejections. Good luck to all! 🍀
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for creating this thread! Wondering if anyone heard back about Clarendon at all?
Reply 2
Hey—I have not heard back from anything, anywhere, or anyone. But I'm glad to see someone else join the Clarendon waiting room! Good luck to us! 🍀
Wait I literally just found out about Clarendon –– from what I gather, we didn't need to do anything but submit our app on-time to be considered? I submitted Jan 5 (the deadline of my program), so am I in the running? Got an offer yesterday for an MPhil
Reply 4
Original post by historydude234
Wait I literally just found out about Clarendon –– from what I gather, we didn't need to do anything but submit our app on-time to be considered? I submitted Jan 5 (the deadline of my program), so am I in the running? Got an offer yesterday for an MPhil

Congrats on the offer! Yes, you're still in the running! We all are!
I received a cond. offer for the MSt Film Aesthetics on Feb 22. Last week, I learned St. Anne's offered me a spot. No news from Clarendon or any other funding yet.
Original post by offtrack_
Congrats on the offer! Yes, you're still in the running! We all are!
I received a cond. offer for the MSt Film Aesthetics on Feb 22. Last week, I learned St. Anne's offered me a spot. No news from Clarendon or any other funding yet.
Holy guacamole. This is big. Thank you for the info.

Congratulations on your offer and school! I put down Magdalen as my number one preference, I hope they accept me.

What other sources of funding are students automatically considered for, if you know?
Original post by historydude234
Holy guacamole. This is big. Thank you for the info.
Congratulations on your offer and school! I put down Magdalen as my number one preference, I hope they accept me.
What other sources of funding are students automatically considered for, if you know?
I believe students with an offer are also automatically considered for college scholarships.
Anyone know when scholarships should be announced? I'm an English DPhil offer holder
Original post by MB2208
I got an offer for Clarendon two weeks ago.. my application deadline was 01/12
Would you mind sharing which department/division are you applying to
I got my offer on the day of the interview itself, and got my first choice college offer last week (exactly 8 weeks). I hope these are good indications but I heard nothing back re: scholarships

I don't think I can call myself academically exceptional but I can only hope.. otherwise I don't think I can totally deal with the course fees... so a bit stressed at the moment.

This is department of continuing education.
Finger crossed for everybody :biggrin:
Hi all, got a Clarendon on the 5th, the day after my offer (history)! No word from college yet
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 11
Original post by John Vidal
Hi all, got a Clarendon on the 5th, the day after my offer (history)! No word from college yet

Congrats! Two days of great joy and relief, I'm sure! Can I ask how you were informed of the Clarendon offer? Was it via email or posted on the portal, by a specific department or the office of admissions? Thanks.
Original post by John Vidal
Are you a DPhil or a master's applicant?
Original post by Sheriza Ali
Are you a DPhil or a master's applicant?
DPhil and got it by email.
Any nominated or received Clarendon msc evidence based health
Reply 15
Anyone heared back from social science division about the nomination?
Reply 16
I emailed my department and was told I wasn't selected for Clarendon :frown: Immensely disappointed now. I'm not sure if there's going to be any funding for me...
Original post by shsheen
I emailed my department and was told I wasn't selected for Clarendon :frown: Immensely disappointed now. I'm not sure if there's going to be any funding for me...
What department?
Reply 18
Original post by Sheriza Ali
What department?
Theology and religion.
Original post by shsheen
Oh no... sorry to hear that.
I'd be too scared to email my department personally :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending