The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Liverpool A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

Liverpool A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252476

General info + entry requirements: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/courses/2023/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb

UCAT cutoff last year (school leaver, home): 2660

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2770 B2, seven 9s three 8s, is liverpool a good choice for me?
Original post by sajibear4
2770 B2, seven 9s three 8s, is liverpool a good choice for me?

yes, cutoff last year was 2660
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by reubenn05
yes, cutoff last year was 2660

I have heard interview to offer ratio for Liverpool is really low tho, apparently it's really hard to turn an interview into an offer. Correct me if I am wrong..
Original post by yonoice
I have heard interview to offer ratio for Liverpool is really low tho, apparently it's really hard to turn an interview into an offer. Correct me if I am wrong..

that's correct, but so do a few others like plymouth, aru and edge hill, although liverpool has the lowest out of them
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
that's correct, but so do a few others like plymouth, aru and edge hill, although liverpool has the lowest out of them

Don't really know whether I should take the risk loll..
Original post by yonoice
Don't really know whether I should take the risk loll..

which 4 unis are you considering ?
Reply 7
which 4 unis are you considering ?

St. George's, Keele, KMMS (I know they contextualise GCSEs on school performance but my school was low performing), and then my last choice was Liverpool..
Reply 8
Original post by yonoice
St. George's, Keele, KMMS (I know they contextualise GCSEs on school performance but my school was low performing), and then my last choice was Liverpool..

I wouldn't prefer to be too far up north lol but I think my UCAT which is 2720 B2 isn't that great so is obvi gonna restrict some places
Reply 9
Original post by yonoice
I wouldn't prefer to be too far up north lol but I think my UCAT which is 2720 B2 isn't that great so is obvi gonna restrict some places

I don't what other unis I should consider I have heard about Aston... Sunderland has a pretty identical application process to keele in that they are heavily focused on work experience and volunteering so I thought I would just stick with one of them i.e. Keele
Original post by yonoice

sounds good to get 4 interviews, and sgul + keele interview to offer ratios are decent i think. not sure what kmms interview to offer ratio looks like. remember you only need 1 offer :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by yonoice
I don't what other unis I should consider I have heard about Aston... Sunderland has a pretty identical application process to keele in that they are heavily focused on work experience and volunteering so I thought I would just stick with one of them i.e. Keele

GCSEs are 998888877
Predicted A*A*A
Original post by yonoice
GCSEs are 998888877
Predicted A*A*A

aston you would drop 1 point in their scoring system, putting you at 31 pts, scoring the same as someone who scored a 2500-2590 UCAT but max gcse pts. below last year's cutoff of 31.5, so may be a worth a shot as cutoffs may come down due to reduced grade inflation, but this would be riskier than the aforementioned 4 i think.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 13
aston you would drop 1 point in their scoring system, putting you at 31 pts, scoring the same as someone who scored a 2500-2590 UCAT but max gcse pts. below last year's cutoff of 31.5, so may be a worth a shot as cutoffs may come down due to reduced grade inflation, but this would be riskier than the aforementioned 4 i think.

Looks like I will just stick with my four previous choices loll thanks for your help

Hii thanks for your help on this forum, I’ve been trying to go through the long list of universities and it’s taking me time and I’d really appreciate if you could help me out in any way.

I achieved 2760 B1, GCSEs 999998766 D2, AAA (bio Chem maths) in 2022 and then Persian A level in 2023 A*, I am looking to choose Kent and Medway, Sunderland, keele, St. George’s, and Plymouth (I know only 4 options are available, but I’ve shortlisted these so far on the basis of my UCAT score and a levels and how compatible I am), I’ve yet to finish the UCAT list of uk universities but I’m getting there.

In the 2021-2022 admissions cycle, the average UCAT score invited to interview was 2738, I don’t have any contextual or wp (not sure what this is) flags, so I’m thinking this is a no go, but would really appreciate what you think of my chances for he 2024 entry? I understand the 2021-22 is a while ago now but this was what I could find so far.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 15
Original post by 2026_helia
Hii thanks for your help on this forum, I’ve been trying to go through the long list of universities and it’s taking me time and I’d really appreciate if you could help me out in any way.

I achieved 2760 B1, GCSEs 999998766 D2, AAA (bio Chem maths) in 2022 and then Persian A level in 2023 A*, I am looking to choose Kent and Medway, Sunderland, keele, St. George’s, and Plymouth (I know only 4 options are available, but I’ve shortlisted these so far on the basis of my UCAT score and a levels and how compatible I am), I’ve yet to finish the UCAT list of uk universities but I’m getting there.

In the 2021-2022 admissions cycle, the average UCAT score invited to interview was 2738, I don’t have any contextual or wp (not sure what this is) flags, so I’m thinking this is a no go, but would really appreciate what you think of my chances for he 2024 entry? I understand the 2021-22 is a while ago now but this was what I could find so far.

Thanks in advance!

I think u also have a good shot at Liverpool also Ur UCAT score isn't bad at all it's all abt applying strategically the unis u have shortlisted so far u defo have a good chance at getting interviews and potentially offers..
Original post by yonoice
I think u also have a good shot at Liverpool also Ur UCAT score isn't bad at all it's all abt applying strategically the unis u have shortlisted so far u defo have a good chance at getting interviews and potentially offers..

Thanks! How do you know I have a good shot??
Thanks! How do you know I have a good shot??

cutoff last year was 2660
(edited 7 months ago)

Thanks in advance!

i would def go for sgul and plymouth, as you are most likely to get interviews here, due to the straight ucat cutoffs (clear and non subjective). also, at sgul, band 1 provides an advantage post interview. what volunteering do you have and how many hours?
(edited 7 months ago)
i would def go for sgul and plymouth, as you are most likely to get interviews here, due to the straight ucat cutoffs (clear and non subjective). also, at sgul, band 1 provides an advantage post interview. what volunteering do you have and how many hours?

I have at least 70 hours in person volunteering, I have worked at a job for 3 months full time in a hospital (but no direct patient contact as admin), Ive done work experience from 2019 until this year at different places eg for 2 weeks/ 1 day/ 2 weeks, etc, beside from the 3 months paid work. I’m also applying for volunteering in a care home outside my home but I know aplications close on the fifteenth oct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending