The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Uni

How are the people at Loughborough uni are they inclusive?

Does anyone know how their psychology course is?

How is the nightlife there?
Original post by Anonymous #1
How are the people at Loughborough uni are they inclusive?

Does anyone know how their psychology course is?

How is the nightlife there?
Hi there,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough 🙂

I study Psychology at Loughborough so can give you some insight.

The rankings for Psychology at Loughborough are high. I personally really enjoy the course here as you have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Psychology through many different modules. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at 'What you'll Study' on the course page to see the range of modules you will study. You can also choose some optional modules, so you can tailor the course to be what you want. I found it useful to compare these modules with other Universities to see which suited me best. If you are considering doing a placement/year abroad Loughborough is great as they offer so much support in searching and securing a placement/year abroad. I found this particularly helpful.

Some insight into Loughborough in general. Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as it is not as overwhelming as being in a big city and you tend to see a lot of people you know. People are really friendly and I have met some great people. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for learning. During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example, there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend. You do need to bear in mind that Loughborough is a town so can't offer what big cities can. If we fancy a bigger city night out we tend to go to either Nottingham or Leicester on the train as they are both approximately 20 minutes away. The train station isn't far from campus and there is a campus shuttle which goes to the station.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough 🙂

I study Psychology at Loughborough so can give you some insight.

The rankings for Psychology at Loughborough are high. I personally really enjoy the course here as you have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Psychology through many different modules. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at 'What you'll Study' on the course page to see the range of modules you will study. You can also choose some optional modules, so you can tailor the course to be what you want. I found it useful to compare these modules with other Universities to see which suited me best. If you are considering doing a placement/year abroad Loughborough is great as they offer so much support in searching and securing a placement/year abroad. I found this particularly helpful.

Some insight into Loughborough in general. Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as it is not as overwhelming as being in a big city and you tend to see a lot of people you know. People are really friendly and I have met some great people. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for learning. During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example, there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend. You do need to bear in mind that Loughborough is a town so can't offer what big cities can. If we fancy a bigger city night out we tend to go to either Nottingham or Leicester on the train as they are both approximately 20 minutes away. The train station isn't far from campus and there is a campus shuttle which goes to the station.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Alex
Hey thank you so much that was really helpful xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending