The Student Room Group

Do boys have a problem with dating chubby girls

As someone who is 5,4 and is 64 kg do yous think guys would have a problem with that, and if so what would be the ideal weight for this height. answer honestly pleaseeee
If you want the scientific answer, then you can check your Body Mass Index or BMI. Ideally, you want to be aiming for a BMI between 18 and 25 (as a rule of thumb)

https://www.nhs.uk/health-assessment-tools/calculate-your-body-mass-index/

EDIT:- I've just worked yours out, and it comes out at 24.38, which although is leaning towards overweight, it's actually within the healthy range :smile:

Although it's a useful guide, IMHO it's how you carry your weight that's a big determinant. For example, even with the height and weight you've quoted, it's going to look completely different comparing someone who's a couch potato to a body-builder, no?

Still, scientific research has shown that what makes women (apparently) most attractive is the 0.7 waist to hips ratio. If a girl has this, it's believed a lot of guys would find her attractive; regardless of her actual dress size.

Also, I don't know how you feel about it, but... in general... black guys tend to "appreciate" the fuller figure notably more than other ethnic groups (case in point, look at the self-confidence of overweight black girls /women compared to others).
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
If you want the scientific answer, then you can check your Body Mass Index or BMI. Ideally, you want to be aiming for a BMI between 18 and 25 (as a rule of thumb)
https://www.nhs.uk/health-assessment-tools/calculate-your-body-mass-index/
EDIT:- I've just worked yours out, and it comes out at 24.38, which although is leaning towards overweight, it's actually within the healthy range :smile:
Although it's a useful guide, IMHO it's how you carry your weight that's a big determinant. For example, even with the height and weight you've quoted, it's going to look completely different comparing someone who's a couch potato to a body-builder, no?
Still, scientific research has shown that what makes women (apparently) most attractive is the 0.7 waist to hips ratio. If a girl has this, it's believed a lot of guys would find her attractive; regardless of her actual dress size.
Also, I don't know how you feel about it, but... in general... black guys tend to "appreciate" the fuller figure notably more than other ethnic groups (case in point, look at the self-confidence of overweight black girls /women compared to others).
oh wow thanks for this !! Really helped kinda put it into perspective
Original post by Anonymous #1
As someone who is 5,4 and is 64 kg do yous think guys would have a problem with that, and if so what would be the ideal weight for this height. answer honestly pleaseeee
not really i date it lots of girls and i'm only 5'6 and weight 129 so you could
Reply 4
Well, I personally don't have a problem with chubby girls as long as their weight doesn't cause any harm to them. Instead, I just can't stop adoring them. 🤗 Frankly speaking, they're the definition of cuteness to me. 😁
(edited 1 month ago)
depends how chubby tbh. i can't picture 64kg. my ex-gf was actually exactly borderline overweight on the BMI scale and her body was really sexy to me, but i think if she was even a little over it would have been a turn off, so maybe there's something in the BMI...
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 6
You’re fine, this isn’t even over weight and while there are people that are hung up with being unnaturally thin there are plenty that don’t think this way
Some will because people are varied individuals, not a hive mind.
Reply 8
Dating a chubby girl shouldn’t be a problem when you find yourself in the situation of having the same affection for her…Others also date girls with their own preferences/ perspectives
Reply 9
How long is a piece of string? >4billion men on this planet - I don't think any one person is qualified to answer for all men.

I don't mind a bit of belly fat. Personally I couldn't see myself with someone with those body dimensions - but then again personal fitness is very important to me.

I know a lot of my friends would have absolutely no problems with that.
Chubby girls are good for a 1 time thing for me personally, skinny and gym girls for brining to your parents and showing off to friends.
Reply 11
Original post by Alexbantana
Chubby girls are good for a 1 time thing for me personally, skinny and gym girls for brining to your parents and showing off to friends.
Full marks for being candid about your personal odiousness, I do suspect it will catch up you at some point however
Original post by Zarek
Full marks for being candid about your personal odiousness, I do suspect it will catch up you at some point however

I speak for the lads
Reply 13
Original post by Alexbantana
I speak for the lads
A subset of lads that is widely despised
yeah defo, im 5'4 and 69kg and chubby/curvy and ive pulled my fair share of guys (2 of whom have had 6 packs and are very physically fit) and my current bf is among that so dw, some people may not be into it but there will defo be people who will be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending