The Student Room Group

What is the worst looking uni?

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking (way too early) about possibly studying Archaeology at UCL...I can't say that Archaeology institute is particularly pretty...
Original post by Pandora.
Which department is that?

Institute of Education. Psychology, languages and economics I believe.
Which department is that?

UCL Language Centre and parts of the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences, and Geography Department. I know part of the Geography department is in the main Quad, don't know about the Psych/Lang Dept's.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Institute of Education. Psychology, languages and economics I believe.

Economics is in another building.
I really couldn't care less what uni looks like as long as the teaching is decent.
I'm thinking (way too early) about possibly studying Archaeology at UCL...I can't say that Archaeology institute is particularly pretty...

Lol, how ironic.
Original post by Bella Occhi
Hope so, that is a monstrosity :eek3:

It's where they took us for our talks on the joint honours languages open day. So it looks like that's where languages is taught.
Sucks to be us. >.<
Original post by (:Becca(:
It's where they took us for our talks on the joint honours languages open day. So it looks like that's where languages is taught.
Sucks to be us. >.<

Noooo :zomg:

I think I went in there as well actually on the general open day, might have approached it from a different angle though (or I just wasn't paying attention :biggrin:)
Original post by Marsha2112

But I have to agree this is horrendous (TVU, how surprising)

That kinda looks like an airport control tower.
If someone decided not to go to my university because they thought the building looked ugly, I'd relish the moment. Leaves a space open for a more intelligent applicant.
Original post by Marsha2112
I actually quite like the 60's style...but then again I did grow up in a 16 storey Moscow flat. I live in a Victorian house now but would MUCH rather live on a 60's glass-and-concrete campus than some 15th century manor. So I actually think most of the "ugly" buildings people have posted are rather nice! And vice versa for the old ones...there's just something creepy and unsettling about these old chapels and castles.

But I have to agree this is horrendous (TVU, how surprising)

Is that Ealing?
Reply 451
easily, with out a shadow of a doubt..London Met!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 452
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Especially when it's dark. :afraid:

These look f**king awesome tbh.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Whilst we have Hogwarts...

But equally has Rathbone, Garth, Wheldon, Lloyd, Deinol and various other 60s concrete monstrosities. Brigantia's pretty smart though! Our accommodation is pretty colours too :h:

Wahey, I live in Bangor and am particularly proud of our Hogwarts :biggrin:
Original post by Beth Angharad
Wahey, I live in Bangor and am particularly proud of our Hogwarts :biggrin:

It's stunning :smile:
Original post by therealOG
Lol, how ironic.

I assume you read 'archaeology' as 'architecture' because it's not ironic at all :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
I assume you read 'archaeology' as 'architecture' because it's not ironic at all :tongue:

Archeology as in old maybe?
Original post by hassi94

Ahhhhh, massive brain failure lol....

And what Noodlzzz said - Archeology's about old, cool looking buildings :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
The staff house is a pretty hideous stain the UoB campus, it's a shame as the rest of the chancellor's court and the area between Joe and the Library is lovely.

Claremont Bridge - Newcastle.

Stuck right over the main road so all the lucky drivers can admire it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending