The Student Room Group

Judicial Review question law

Review question law
So I’m currently doing an essay question and would you regard somebody fining a person five times his salary as an abuse of his discretion or under Wednesbury unreasonableness
I am leaning more towards abuse of discretion because obviously he was within the bounds to fine someone but finding him five times his salary seems to be an abuse of this power and I’m leaning away from Wednesbury unreasonable nurse because it’s a very high standard to satisfy and will probably not be successful just because of how high a standard it is
Pls help
Reply 1
What I would do in your situation is look at case law that applied Wednesbury as a guide. You can easily find cases that applied Wednesbury on ICLR for free.

I don't know if that would necessarily give you the answer you are looking for but it might help.

Here is a link https://www.iclr.co.uk/ic/1941000020
Reply 2
[quote="Tinders;95048164"]What I would do in your situation is look at case law that applied Wednesbury as a guide. You can easily find cases that applied Wednesbury on ICLR for free.

I don't know if that would necessarily give you the answer you are looking for but it might help.

Here is a link

Original post by Humairaahpatel
Review question law
So I’m currently doing an essay question and would you regard somebody fining a person five times his salary as an abuse of his discretion or under Wednesbury unreasonableness
I am leaning more towards abuse of discretion because obviously he was within the bounds to fine someone but finding him five times his salary seems to be an abuse of this power and I’m leaning away from Wednesbury unreasonable nurse because it’s a very high standard to satisfy and will probably not be successful just because of how high a standard it is
Pls help

Hey!
Did you get help?
Reply 3
Original post by Humairaahpatel
Review question law
Pls help

Did you get help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending