The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Official Loughborough University - Ask a Current Student Thread 2024

Hi there!

Welcome to Loughborough University’s Official Ask a Current Student Thread 2024.

We’ve set up this thread for people to speak to current students about what they like about studying at Loughborough University.

We have student ambassadors and current students running this thread and they are happy to speak to you.

Here are some of the top things students love about studying at Loughborough that you may want to find out more about:

1) Campus all the buildings at the University are in one place, so the Loughborough University campus has a real community feel about it. The campus is 523 acres and has an outstanding academic team to push students to achieve their full potential. The University also has a top student experience.

2) Facilities not only does the University have the best sports facilities, but it also offers many societies and sports clubs for students to get involved with. There’s something for everyone at Loughborough.

3) Loughborough brings out the best in you the University believes in its learners. It has an amazing Careers Network team and the Personal Best development programme which supports students to achieve what they want. Being a part of the Loughborough family has a special feel.

Our team of current students look forward to helping you with your queries, so please feel free to share them.

- Loughborough Student Community Team
(edited 7 months ago)
How many societies are there and when do we get to join one?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by wkathryn17
How many societies are there and when do we get to join one?

Hi @wkathryn17

Great to hear you're interested in the societies here at Loughborough!

You can check out a list of all the societies on offer here. In Freshers' week, there is a societies bazaar where each society has a stand and you can chat to members of the committee for that society and find out more about what they do and how to join. Most offer a taster session as well so you can go along and see what it's like before signing up.

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Can anyone share the admission rate for Fine Art? Just wanna know how competitive is it. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1
Can anyone share the admission rate for Fine Art? Just wanna know how competitive is it. Thanks

Hi there,

For any questions about admissions, I would recommend speaking to our Admissions Office. You can email them at [email protected].

Lindsay
Reply 5
I have an offer for architectural engineering, and I have done research about this and similar courses, but if anyone could give further information about this, that would be great.
What does the course entail?
How is it for you?
How are the architecture and engineering aspects?
What is the career prospect?
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there!

Welcome to Loughborough University’s Official Ask a Current Student Thread 2024.

We’ve set up this thread for people to speak to current students about what they like about studying at Loughborough University.

We have student ambassadors and current students running this thread and they are happy to speak to you.

Here are some of the top things students love about studying at Loughborough that you may want to find out more about:

1) Campus all the buildings at the University are in one place, so the Loughborough University campus has a real community feel about it. The campus is 523 acres and has an outstanding academic team to push students to achieve their full potential. The University also has a top student experience.

2) Facilities not only does the University have the best sports facilities, but it also offers many societies and sports clubs for students to get involved with. There’s something for everyone at Loughborough.

3) Loughborough brings out the best in you the University believes in its learners. It has an amazing Careers Network team and the Personal Best development programme which supports students to achieve what they want. Being a part of the Loughborough family has a special feel.

Our team of current students look forward to helping you with your queries, so please feel free to share them.

i applied for natsci with placement year,
would that year be in the UK or abroad?
Original post by priyamistryx_
i applied for natsci with placement year,
would that year be in the UK or abroad?

Hi @priyamistryx_ ,

Great to hear you have applied and are considering Loughborough!

A placement year can be a variety of different options and this is something you chose and apply for yourself. This is usually either a year in industry in the UK or abroad or a study abroad. There is a lot of support at Loughborough with helping secure a placement- this is something I found particularly helpful.

If you take a look at the study page here there is a section of information about what the placement year entails and all the opportunities Loughborough offers with it.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask 🙂

Alex
Original post by dr-dark
I have an offer for architectural engineering, and I have done research about this and similar courses, but if anyone could give further information about this, that would be great.
What does the course entail?
How is it for you?
How are the architecture and engineering aspects?
What is the career prospect?

Hi @dr-dark ,

Congratulations on your offer!

Unfortunately I don't study this course so can't give you any specific detail about the course. I would recommend emailing: [email protected] as they will be able to answer any specific course related questions you may have. There is also a lot of information on the course page including placement opportunities, what you will study (including each module) and how you will study.

I can give you some insight into Loughborough itself. Loughborough has a great community feel and very much a student town. Loughborough is a campus university with amazing facilities- I love the fact that everything you need is in one place.

During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask 🙂

Alex
Reply 9
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there!

I have a conditional offer for a 3 year course (Intl Relations). How easy is it to switch to a 4 year course with placemnet year if I decide that's what I want to do once I've started? Thanks
Is the university diverse? I've seen a lot of places say it's overwhelmingly white.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending