The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Sports Facilities

Loughborough is of course renowned for its sporting facilities but does this mean that they are always busy?
The facilities I would be most interested in using would be:
- Powerbase gym
- Squash courts
- Swimming pool
Are these all constantly busy? When is the best time to go?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Loughborough is of course renowned for its sporting facilities but does this mean that they are always busy?
The facilities I would be most interested in using would be:
- Powerbase gym
- Squash courts
- Swimming pool
Are these all constantly busy? When is the best time to go?

Hi there,

The sports facilities at Loughborough are amazing. They are popular amongst students so can be busy at times. From my experience with Powerbase the times can vary but is quietest in the morning. What I find useful is using the Loughborough Sport app and seeing the availability when you book so you can see how busy it will be. I don't know much detail about the squash courts or swimming pool but again you book onto these with the app so I would assume if you book far enough in advance there will be no issues. You may be interested in our sport page for more information.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do ask :smile:

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,
The sports facilities at Loughborough are amazing. They are popular amongst students so can be busy at times. From my experience with Powerbase the times can vary but is quietest in the morning. What I find useful is using the Loughborough Sport app and seeing the availability when you book so you can see how busy it will be. I don't know much detail about the squash courts or swimming pool but again you book onto these with the app so I would assume if you book far enough in advance there will be no issues. You may be interested in our sport page for more information.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do ask :smile:
Alex

Hi! Thanks for your help. So does that mean that you have to book whenever you want to go to Powerbase and can’t just turn up?
Also, when it is busy does it hinder your workout as it is almost impossible to get to the machienes or is this not the case?
Thanks
Original post by Adavenport
Hi! Thanks for your help. So does that mean that you have to book whenever you want to go to Powerbase and can’t just turn up?
Also, when it is busy does it hinder your workout as it is almost impossible to get to the machienes or is this not the case?
Thanks

Hi @Adavenport,

No problem 🙂 So, when you become a member you can log into the Loughborough sport app. Yes, you need to book a time slot before your session- there are slots every 15 minutes (I usually only book 30 minutes before and always manage to get a space!)- this is also helpful in seeing how many spaces there are so you have a rough guide to see how busy it will be. It depends when you go. I have noticed between 4-5pm it is very busy but other times in the day it is a lot quieter (specially in the morning- this is when I prefer to go). I wouldn't say it hinders your workout- you may just have to change the order in which you do things while some machines are busy.

I hope that helps give some insight. If you have any other questions please ask 🙂

Alex
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @Adavenport,
No problem 🙂 So, when you become a member you can log into the Loughborough sport app. Yes, you need to book a time slot before your session- there are slots every 15 minutes (I usually only book 30 minutes before and always manage to get a space!)- this is also helpful in seeing how many spaces there are so you have a rough guide to see how busy it will be. It depends when you go. I have noticed between 4-5pm it is very busy but other times in the day it is a lot quieter (specially in the morning- this is when I prefer to go). I wouldn't say it hinders your workout- you may just have to change the order in which you do things while some machines are busy.
I hope that helps give some insight. If you have any other questions please ask 🙂
Alex

That’s amazing - thank you. Sorry to bother you again but I was just wondering if because you have to book the workouts does that mean you have to leave at a certain time as well? e.g. you book the 10-11 and have to leave by 11? If that makes any sense at all?
Original post by Adavenport
That’s amazing - thank you. Sorry to bother you again but I was just wondering if because you have to book the workouts does that mean you have to leave at a certain time as well? e.g. you book the 10-11 and have to leave by 11? If that makes any sense at all?

Hi there,

No worries! I think the guidance is 1 hour 30 minutes but there is flexibility- from my experience I find that is plenty of time but if I have been in there longer I have never had a problem (you won't get kicked out!)

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending