The Student Room Group

Mazars 2024 graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Im M
Sure

Could I also get in touch for some tips?
Reply 61
Original post by rei!!

Sure, I'll just copy and paste whatever I wrote in my DM's to out here so everyone can see lol
Reply 62
Original post by rei!!

the ac consists of applicants to different roles/schemes and to different locations too (even if they're applying to the same scheme as you). Its far better that way imo, because you're not competing against them. Everyone's working together, and hopefully out to help one another.My tips/strategy for interviews in general, is to create a word document listing out all your experiences which you believe to be good talking points and examples (could be work-related, volunteering, school/uni) and write bullet points for each detailing what you did and achieved through them, and then imagine what skills could be assigned to each one, so that you know what experience to refer back to if these skills/strengths are asked about in an interview. Regularly read and try to memorise the document as much as possible. When writing out the word document, try to include a wide variety of examples based on skills, e.g people-based skills to analytical and technical. My other personal tips for the interview are to be vocal, sound enthusiastic and happy when speaking to look engaged, make hand gestures etc. Also each time when I answer a question, at the end I would circle back and summarise what I said very quickly, so that I'm sending out the main message. You dont always have to do that tbh but i find it to be helpful, personally.Presentation is very nice and relaxed, was quite short and I really enjoyed it. And questions aren't difficult, so dont worry about that. For the case study, make sure you keep track of time - you dont have too long. Be sure to scan the info quickly and most importantly, include all the bits you're asked to include. Make a mental note of when your time is up and refer back to the time every now and then. The case study itself is very straightforward. You just need to be good at managing time and be sure to answer every aspect of the question, even if some parts are short (which i was guilty of too!).My other tips in general would be to expect to think on your feet. You might have qs thrown at you during any of the tasks that are unique, unpredictable or difficult as you might not have an answer for it immediately, which i had to face too. Be open minded, imaginative and try to think of something relevant, even if its only 1 or 2 points. Also, be involved in every aspect of the ac. For e.g if they ask everyone how the ac went, make sure you say something. During the group exercise, if the assessors ask a qs, be one of the people to present an answer, and make it different from someone elses answer OR build on what they said with extra points. Be very agreeable and/or show respect and value to what everyone has to say even if you disagree with them.I cannot give the exact questions or subject/content away for each section obviously. But these are my general tips that you can apply to a lot of ac's
Reply 63
How long does it take to provide the decision after the AC? I had my assessment on the 8th of Feb. They said it is going to be 5 working days. Bit worried now.
Reply 64
Original post by shummo199
How long does it take to provide the decision after the AC? I had my assessment on the 8th of Feb. They said it is going to be 5 working days. Bit worried now.

Which program was this and what location,if you do not mind me asking?
Reply 65
Original post by P0989
Which program was this and what location,if you do not mind me asking?

It was for Audit Graduate Trainee - Privately Owned Businesses - Leeds
Reply 66
Some of you DM me asking about my AC experience, I am going to write it down here for everyone to see. Please remember that I haven't yet received a decision from Mazars. The AC was from 9-2:30. Different people from different service lines and different locations. It is divided into three segments. For me, the first one was the case study. It's fairly simple, with lots of information provided. You just need to write a report within the specified time. I would say, manage the time well and have a stopwatch handy. For me, I read all the information in the first 15 min and wrote it down on a piece of paper. Then, for the next 20 minutes, I answered the questions in a Word document. The rest of the time was allocated for revision and correction. Remember to touch on all the questions. It can be small or large. The second part for me was the group task. They divide youse into groups of 3–5. Very simple task. Just make sure you take the initiative and add value to the discussion. There will be questions after the presentation, try to answer them confidently. The last segment for me was numerical, almost the same as that we gave in the first stage. There is nothing to prepare in this regard. Overall, I would say the AC is organized and everyone is friendly. There is nothing to worry about, but try to stick with your personality. Try to contribute to the discussion and give the floor to others for their input.
Reply 67
Some of you DM me asking about my AC experience, I am going to write it down here for everyone to see. Please remember that I haven't yet received a decision from Mazars. The AC was from 9-2:30. Different people from different service lines and different locations. It is divided into three segments. For me, the first one was the case study. It's fairly simple, with lots of information provided. You just need to write a report within the specified time. I would say, manage the time well and have a stopwatch handy. For me, I read all the information in the first 15 min and wrote it down on a piece of paper. Then, for the next 20 minutes, I answered the questions in a Word document. The rest of the time was allocated for revision and correction. Remember to touch on all the questions. It can be small or large. The second part for me was the group task. They divide youse into groups of 3–5. Very simple task. Just make sure you take the initiative and add value to the discussion. There will be questions after the presentation, try to answer them confidently. The last segment for me was numerical, almost the same as that we gave in the first stage. There is nothing to prepare in this regard. Overall, I would say the AC is organized and everyone is friendly. There is nothing to worry about, but try to stick with your personality. Try to contribute to the discussion and give the floor to others for their input.

Thank you for your detailed response, does the presentation involve making ppt?
Reply 68
Original post by P0989
Thank you for your detailed response, does the presentation involve making ppt?

it is upto you and the group. which ever is easier. Our group didn't make any ppt
Reply 69
It was for Audit Graduate Trainee - Privately Owned Businesses - Leeds

I had my assessment centre of the 7th of Feb for IT External Audit (Manchester) and heard back on the 12th. If you haven't heard back by Monday maybe its worth emailing the assessment centre team
Reply 70
Does anyone have any tips for the final presentation and 1-1 interview? Thanks :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by rei!!
I had my assessment centre of the 7th of Feb for IT External Audit (Manchester) and heard back on the 12th. If you haven't heard back by Monday maybe its worth emailing the assessment centre team

Hello, Thank you for the reply. I heard back from them on Friday. Did you get any idea about how the presentation and 1-1 will happen?
Reply 72
Hello, Thank you for the reply. I heard back from them on Friday. Did you get any idea about how the presentation and 1-1 will happen?

Hi does anyone have an AC for the 22nd this week? I have mine and would like some tips. I’ve applied for Sutton Trainee Accountant
Much appreciated :smile:
Reply 73
Good to hear you heard back! For the presentation and 1-1 they should email you when the next slot is available for you to book yourself in. In the email they include a candidate pack where you can choose a topic to present on for 5 minutes.
Reply 74
Original post by mahin227
Hi does anyone have an AC for the 22nd this week? I have mine and would like some tips. I’ve applied for Sutton Trainee Accountant
Much appreciated :smile:
I didn't apply for your role, however the assessment centre is full of people from different locations and roles so my advice should still be applicable!

I'd say for the case study, the most important thing is time management, for me the time went a lot faster than I thought it was and I finished at the last second so definitely leave enough time to writing up the report. Formatting should be professional however easy to read and not too complicated. The maths is straightforward for both the case study and numerical test so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

As for the group exercise, I would say make sure you are adding value when you are contributing, there is no point speaking if you are only going to repeat what the person before of you has said and the assessors will pick up on this. The easiest way I would say to show you are a team player and a listener, is it actively use people's names when you are adding a contribution e.g. 'building off of what Amy' said or that's a really good point Amy, another way we could look at this is' etc. I found that in my group I was the only person doing this, which probably made me look better - however it is important not to get the person's name wrong so make a note of who is talking at what point and what they have said.

Hope it helps, good luck!!
Reply 75
for anyone that had their ac today have you heard back?
Reply 76
Original post by jajenenwnaan
for anyone that had their ac today have you heard back?
Mine was on February 8th, and I received the interview invitation on February 16th. You might give it some time. Probably you will get notified before or on next friday
Reply 77
Original post by rei!!
Good to hear you heard back! For the presentation and 1-1 they should email you when the next slot is available for you to book yourself in. In the email they include a candidate pack where you can choose a topic to present on for 5 minutes.
Have you received any invitations to book your interview? I haven't heard back from them yet. I suppose there were few more AC and they are going to invite all together.
anyone got any tips for the teams interview?
Reply 79
Mine was on February 8th, and I received the interview invitation on February 16th. You might give it some time. Probably you will get notified before or on next friday
I received an interview invitation yesterday but not a slot. have you been given an interview slot? also do you know how much notice they give you before hand e.g. a weeks notice before interview? cos idk if I should start prepping now. also about the presentation they give us the topic in the email right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending