The Student Room Group

Mazars 2024 graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shummo199
Mine was on February 8th, and I received the interview invitation on February 16th. You might give it some time. Probably you will get notified before or on next friday
Have you received a date for the interview yet? I had my AC on Feb 8th as well, told I was successful on February 16th but I have yet to been given a date for the actual interview.
Original post by aaroncherian
Have you received a date for the interview yet? I had my AC on Feb 8th as well, told I was successful on February 16th but I have yet to been given a date for the actual interview.
same for me too, are u applying for school leaver?
Reply 82
Have you received any invitations to book your interview? I haven't heard back from them yet. I suppose there were few more AC and they are going to invite all together.
Hiya,

Yes I had my interview on Friday 23rd and just received an offer today. However for my role the intake is only 12 people so maybe that’s why I’ve heard back faster but yours may be taking a longer time as more people applied for you role. Have you received your invitation yet?
Reply 83
Original post by rei!!
Hiya,

Yes I had my interview on Friday 23rd and just received an offer today. However for my role the intake is only 12 people so maybe that’s why I’ve heard back faster but yours may be taking a longer time as more people applied for you role. Have you received your invitation yet?
Congratulations on your offer. How did your interview go? Any tips for interview and presentation?
Original post by rei!!
Hiya,

hey can I get tips for the interview and presentation please? What questions were asked in the interview? I got mines in a week and this would help so much!
Reply 85
Original post by P0989
Congratulations on your offer. How did your interview go? Any tips for interview and presentation?
Thank you! What is the role you are applying for?

In terms of the presentation, I think it matters less what you write about and more how you present it. I used flashcards while I was talking, not to read off of but in case I needed a little reminding if I lost my train of thought. This also meant my slides were very brief bullet points with mainly images off google. I think it's very important to practice will either friends or family, it may be a bit embarrassing but its definitely helpful for constructive criticism. I would practice around 3 times a day for about 3 days before my interview, at least one practice a day would be with someone else. Make sure to look interviewer in the eyes when talking, take pauses when moving onto the next point to make it seem more natural, use your hands to make it more engaging and smile :smile:

Of course it is still important to understand what you are writing about and the wider implications of it so make sure it is simple enough. Also remember you are presenting on a topic to someone who is a a lot more experienced than you and has a lot more knowledge so there is no point trying to use big words or include things you cannot explain further, if they ask you a question on it after. For example, after my presentation I was asked how my chosen topic may affect the car industry which obviously has nothing to do with IT Audit but because I had looked at a couple real life examples and was really interested in what I was presenting, I could how to relate it back to this industry evening without expecting that question. What also helped me was using stats from Mazars company reports or even newsletters as evidence because it showed my genuine interest in the company (I only used two but this is definitely a bonus however not necessary so don't stress if you can't find any relating to your topic).

In terms of the interview it is a mix of motivational and situational questions such as why firm, why role, tell me about a time you've handled conflicting deadlines or worked in a team etc. For preparation I would say think about a genuine answer and things you would like to achieve as a result of doing the grad scheme/ internship. In order to cover most of the possible questions and not be surprised I would say to look at the skills they look for in candidates in the job description and think of example scenarios which will showcase each skill.

What makes Mazars stand out to you compared to other firms? For me I said that Mazars is very people focused- on their website they write about their Global Atlas platform as well as the 'Reinventing Audit' program which both have a focus on providing client needs at the forefront of their services. I also spoke about some Pro-bono initiatives they have done in China for girls from ethic minority backgrounds which resides with me. There are plenty of initiatives to talk about or include from mental health or sustainability and diversity targets but be sure to say why that is important to you or resides with you. For example are you big on sustainability because you volunteer around your local area?

Why are you applying for your role? Do you think it gives you the opportunity for continuous learning and development (something that Mazars look for in candidates and value) because of constant changes in regulations in the industry or will it give you the opportunity to build strong relationships and help the wider community because it is client based? Maybe mention some work experience you have done, I didn't fully complete it but I spoke about some virtual work experience I started on Forage (check it out if you haven't it's free) which showed my genuine interest and passion for getting to know more about the role and what I could possibly be doing for the next two - three years.

Why the qualification? What benefits will it bring - because it is globally recognized will it give you the chance to work in a country you've always wished to live in? Again will it give you the chance to continuously learn but it a more narrowed way? Make sure to think about why you think this is for you as it will be a very challenging task to study will working.

For situational questions, I would say to try and focus on the impact and contribution you are making whether that be in a team or on your own. Also make sure you really tailor your answers to yourself e.g. rather than just simply saying what the best thing to in that situation, talk about what you have done in a situational like that before, what you learnt from it and what you would do next time. Some situations will definitely show more than one skill but just make sure to say that.

In terms of commercial awareness, they really don't expect you to know a lot since most of us haven't been in the industry before however, knowing some things will definitely show your genuine interest in the industry and role. Knowing just one or two examples of something that is happening in the industry right now and is affecting Mazars or something that Mazars should look out for in the industry would be really helpful.

Overall, the interviewer will be very conversational so don't think of it as a very formal or scary question and answer but you just trying to prove that you've really made an effort in this application and are really someone they'd want to have in the team.

Hope this helps, if you want any more info feel free to DM me for my LinkedIn and we can talk more there. Goodluck 🙂
Reply 86
Original post by _KingInTheNorth
hey can I get tips for the interview and presentation please? What questions were asked in the interview? I got mines in a week and this would help so much!
Just replied in another comment but again feel free to DM me for any further questions! Goodluck 🙂
Reply 87
Original post by rei!!
Thank you! What is the role you are applying for?

In terms of the presentation, I think it matters less what you write about and more how you present it. I used flashcards while I was talking, not to read off of but in case I needed a little reminding if I lost my train of thought. This also meant my slides were very brief bullet points with mainly images off google. I think it's very important to practice will either friends or family, it may be a bit embarrassing but its definitely helpful for constructive criticism. I would practice around 3 times a day for about 3 days before my interview, at least one practice a day would be with someone else. Make sure to look interviewer in the eyes when talking, take pauses when moving onto the next point to make it seem more natural, use your hands to make it more engaging and smile :smile:

Of course it is still important to understand what you are writing about and the wider implications of it so make sure it is simple enough. Also remember you are presenting on a topic to someone who is a a lot more experienced than you and has a lot more knowledge so there is no point trying to use big words or include things you cannot explain further, if they ask you a question on it after. For example, after my presentation I was asked how my chosen topic may affect the car industry which obviously has nothing to do with IT Audit but because I had looked at a couple real life examples and was really interested in what I was presenting, I could how to relate it back to this industry evening without expecting that question. What also helped me was using stats from Mazars company reports or even newsletters as evidence because it showed my genuine interest in the company (I only used two but this is definitely a bonus however not necessary so don't stress if you can't find any relating to your topic).

In terms of the interview it is a mix of motivational and situational questions such as why firm, why role, tell me about a time you've handled conflicting deadlines or worked in a team etc. For preparation I would say think about a genuine answer and things you would like to achieve as a result of doing the grad scheme/ internship. In order to cover most of the possible questions and not be surprised I would say to look at the skills they look for in candidates in the job description and think of example scenarios which will showcase each skill.

What makes Mazars stand out to you compared to other firms? For me I said that Mazars is very people focused- on their website they write about their Global Atlas platform as well as the 'Reinventing Audit' program which both have a focus on providing client needs at the forefront of their services. I also spoke about some Pro-bono initiatives they have done in China for girls from ethic minority backgrounds which resides with me. There are plenty of initiatives to talk about or include from mental health or sustainability and diversity targets but be sure to say why that is important to you or resides with you. For example are you big on sustainability because you volunteer around your local area?

Why are you applying for your role? Do you think it gives you the opportunity for continuous learning and development (something that Mazars look for in candidates and value) because of constant changes in regulations in the industry or will it give you the opportunity to build strong relationships and help the wider community because it is client based? Maybe mention some work experience you have done, I didn't fully complete it but I spoke about some virtual work experience I started on Forage (check it out if you haven't it's free) which showed my genuine interest and passion for getting to know more about the role and what I could possibly be doing for the next two - three years.

Why the qualification? What benefits will it bring - because it is globally recognized will it give you the chance to work in a country you've always wished to live in? Again will it give you the chance to continuously learn but it a more narrowed way? Make sure to think about why you think this is for you as it will be a very challenging task to study will working.

For situational questions, I would say to try and focus on the impact and contribution you are making whether that be in a team or on your own. Also make sure you really tailor your answers to yourself e.g. rather than just simply saying what the best thing to in that situation, talk about what you have done in a situational like that before, what you learnt from it and what you would do next time. Some situations will definitely show more than one skill but just make sure to say that.

In terms of commercial awareness, they really don't expect you to know a lot since most of us haven't been in the industry before however, knowing some things will definitely show your genuine interest in the industry and role. Knowing just one or two examples of something that is happening in the industry right now and is affecting Mazars or something that Mazars should look out for in the industry would be really helpful.

Overall, the interviewer will be very conversational so don't think of it as a very formal or scary question and answer but you just trying to prove that you've really made an effort in this application and are really someone they'd want to have in the team.

Hope this helps, if you want any more info feel free to DM me for my LinkedIn and we can talk more there. Goodluck 🙂
Thank you for your detailed response! All the best for your future! I have DMd you.
(edited 2 months ago)
I got sent the invitation for the final interview yesterday on the 7th March, I didn't receive the candidate pack yet. When am I supposed to get it?
Reply 89
I got sent the invitation for the final interview yesterday on the 7th March, I didn't receive the candidate pack yet. When am I supposed to get it?
You should’ve received it in the email, have you scrolled down the to bottom? If it’s not there definitely get in touch with the assessment centre email they give
Original post by rei!!
You should’ve received it in the email, have you scrolled down the to bottom? If it’s not there definitely get in touch with the assessment centre email they give
Theres no attachments, I emailed them, was I supposed to receive it earlier, or on the invitation bc the interview is on the 7th.
Original post by rei!!
Ah they told me once I have been booked then they will send it to me, but that leaves me with even less time ;(
Reply 92
Ah they told me once I have been booked then they will send it to me, but that leaves me with even less time ;(
Don’t worry! They normally let you book it at least a week in advance , I only practiced my presentation for 3 days so don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time. A 5 minute presentation is a lot shorter than you would think :smile:
hi guys. if they offered me an interview date but I told them I have to reschedule for the week after will they still offer me an interview date ?
Original post by jajenenwnaan
hi guys. if they offered me an interview date but I told them I have to reschedule for the week after will they still offer me an interview date ?
yh they should
how do I start the presentation, do I just introduce my areas of discussion briefly?
Original post by jajenenwnaan
I received an interview invitation yesterday but not a slot. have you been given an interview slot? also do you know how much notice they give you before hand e.g. a weeks notice before interview? cos idk if I should start prepping now. also about the presentation they give us the topic in the email right?
I gave the interview today and was informed about it last friday.
I gave the interview today and was informed about it last friday.
How was the interview? Could you tell us what they asked please?
How was the interview? Could you tell us what they asked please?
I guess someone replied before about the interview. It was absolutely the same.
ah ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending