The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough vs Bath (football related Qs)

Hi,
I asked this Q on Bath forum too, put it here just in case.

I am applying to either Loughborough (BSc Sports & Exercise Science) or Bath (BSc Sports & Exercise Science). I have looked through both models, and they are fairly similar and I am indifferent really to the city itself. Even though LBoro has slightly better and more sports facilities, both are beyond doubt good enough.

I am more interested in the sports side and progressing to a pro-level in football while having a backup plan with a BSc. Here are my questions regarding both unis:
1. Is the level of BUCS premier (south or north) actually high? Or is it more of a show thing, does it have any "status" in the footballing world, outside of Unis.
2. Do the managers offer networking to other non-uni related teams higher up in the footballing pyramid?
3. What are the main benefits of being in the performance football program at Lboro, or the dual career athlete program at Bath? What are the differences between them? and more specifics!
Here are my Qs for Bath:
1. How many people usually rotate and train/play with Bath City FC men's team or U21s? This is a key factor in my decision-making, as Lboro has it's own team but considerably lower in the football league system (Step 5 vs Step 2).

Thanks for taking your time to answer!
Original post by tomC18
Hi,
I asked this Q on Bath forum too, put it here just in case.

I am applying to either Loughborough (BSc Sports & Exercise Science) or Bath (BSc Sports & Exercise Science). I have looked through both models, and they are fairly similar and I am indifferent really to the city itself. Even though LBoro has slightly better and more sports facilities, both are beyond doubt good enough.

I am more interested in the sports side and progressing to a pro-level in football while having a backup plan with a BSc. Here are my questions regarding both unis:
1. Is the level of BUCS premier (south or north) actually high? Or is it more of a show thing, does it have any "status" in the footballing world, outside of Unis.
2. Do the managers offer networking to other non-uni related teams higher up in the footballing pyramid?
3. What are the main benefits of being in the performance football program at Lboro, or the dual career athlete program at Bath? What are the differences between them? and more specifics!
Here are my Qs for Bath:
1. How many people usually rotate and train/play with Bath City FC men's team or U21s? This is a key factor in my decision-making, as Lboro has it's own team but considerably lower in the football league system (Step 5 vs Step 2).

Thanks for taking your time to answer!

Hi @tomC18 ,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

Regarding the course- we are the number one university for sport related-subjects. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at the course page here.

I don't personally know a lot about football at Loughborough but I play netball and the facilities are amazing! My experience of playing BUCS netball has been really good and competitive. This for me has also been a great way to make friends. Loughborough has a great campus with amazing facilities- my main reason for choosing Loughborough was for the campus. I like how everything is all in one place.

I would recommend looking at these pages for further insight https://lsu.co.uk/athleticunion/clubs/Mens-football and https://www.lboro.ac.uk/sport/sports/football/mens/

As I can't answer your specific questions here is a page with AU sport contacts where they will be able to answer your questions.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do let me know. 🙂

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending