The Student Room Group

Plymouth Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Plymouth Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
first
still deciding what to choose
Reply 2
If predicted AAA, can you still apply to plymouth? Their website says A*AA-AAA which really doesn't help.
I'm applying here. Does anyone know if interviews are f2f or online? Also panel or MMI? The website doesn't give much info.
I've been trying to phone the school but no joy either.
Reply 5
I need some advice for what 5th choice to apply for. My dental application is due by today as this is my school deadline. I was thinking of applying for one that lets me transfer to dentistry midway as in the interview I can say that my focus was for dentistry so I am doing all I could to do it. I live near Birmingham so would prefer unis near here. Is there any courses you suggest that I should pick. Tbh I would take a gap year over doing it if I didn’t get any offers but I am putting it down so I can go through for ucas extra if needed. What course would be a good one to pick as I have got a UCAT of 2780 b3 8 9s 2 8s and 3 predicted A*. I am applying for Birmingham Cardiff Liverpool and Plymouth so hopefully it doesn’t come to it.
Original post by Mxz55
I need some advice for what 5th choice to apply for. My dental application is due by today as this is my school deadline. I was thinking of applying for one that lets me transfer to dentistry midway as in the interview I can say that my focus was for dentistry so I am doing all I could to do it. I live near Birmingham so would prefer unis near here. Is there any courses you suggest that I should pick. Tbh I would take a gap year over doing it if I didn’t get any offers but I am putting it down so I can go through for ucas extra if needed. What course would be a good one to pick as I have got a UCAT of 2780 b3 8 9s 2 8s and 3 predicted A*. I am applying for Birmingham Cardiff Liverpool and Plymouth so hopefully it doesn’t come to it.

I **think** Newcastle biomed allows a transfer in year one
Hello. Did anyone hear about interviews?
Nope
When do we think the interview offers will be sent out?
I’m wondering the same. I only heard from Dundee nothing else from other universities
Original post by Sarah.a3
I’m wondering the same. I only heard from Dundee nothing else from other universities

Same, interview from Dundee so far only.

Anyone heard back yet from Plymouth? Do they send their interviews in batches or all at once?
My stats are A*AA predicted, GCSEs 999888887 and 2540 B4 UCAT.
people doing medicine have started to hear reply from plymouth so we probably will next week. The average ucat needed was 2680
Original post by Gamer.
Same, interview from Dundee so far only.

Anyone heard back yet from Plymouth? Do they send their interviews in batches or all at once?
My stats are A*AA predicted, GCSEs 999888887 and 2540 B4 UCAT.

I haven't heard back from Plymouth yet, although just like yourself I did do a Dundee dentistry interview which I did last week.
Reply 14
Original post by Aspiringdentist6
I haven't heard back from Plymouth yet, although just like yourself I did do a Dundee dentistry interview which I did last week.

How did u find the Dundee interview?
Original post by a_04
How did u find the Dundee interview?

Quite liked it tbf
Original post by Aspiringdentist6

Nice! I haven't done the Dundee interview yet but good to hear you did well. I think Plymouth will get back to us soon considering they're responding to med students. The cut off seems to be higher than last year for med - from 2610 to 2680. I'm really hoping dentistry doesn't go from 2510 to ... (well anymore). I'm only 2540. Good luck guys.
Original post by Gamer.
Nice! I haven't done the Dundee interview yet but good to hear you did well. I think Plymouth will get back to us soon considering they're responding to med students. The cut off seems to be higher than last year for med - from 2610 to 2680. I'm really hoping dentistry doesn't go from 2510 to ... (well anymore). I'm only 2540. Good luck guys.

I got the same UCAT score as you so fingers crossed for both of us
(edited 1 year ago)
Has anyone heard back yet :frown:
Not me…. PAIN

Quick Reply

Latest