The Student Room Group

What is the worst looking uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RamocitoMorales

Go on then, show us how pretty your university is you hypocrite...

Notice the rolleyes at the end of my post. I clearly know that Aberdeen is not an ugly university. It's just that your always so quick to insult any univeristy that isn't old, because you seem to think that age defines how good a university is.

And I'm not at and haven't applied to university yet :wink:
Reply 41
Original post by EdwardCurrent
Nottingham.

Who knows what they were thinking. Looks like something out of the ****ing Tellytubbies.

I don't think that's that bad tbh....
At least it's different.
Idk what that tower thing is supposed to be though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Sim188

Brunel :/
I go there and.... yeah. Yeah, it is.
Where the hell did this inferiority complex about Aberdeen come from :confused:
Reply 44
Original post by redpanda41
Where the hell did this inferiority complex about Aberdeen come from :confused:

Long story cut short: RM could only get accepted to Aberdeen, didn't want to go there and made lots of posts slagging it off. In September, he abruptly changed his mind and now thinks it's the greatest uni the world, we think to over-compensate.
Original post by TheSownRose
Long story cut short: RM could only get accepted to Aberdeen, didn't want to go there and made lots of posts slagging it off. In September, he abruptly changed his mind and now thinks it's the greatest uni the world, we think to over-compensate.

Ah OK...lol.
Reply 46
I think each university has its ugly buildings but I think the most hideous I have seen are Manchester Met and Sheffield Hallam.
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
See, I don't mind the 60's concrete buildings. I loved the layout at York, and Bath looks nice from the pic someone posted. Stirling is the same 60's buildings, but I liked it. The buildings aren't particularly pretty, but they aren't terrible.

Same here, I like brutalism.
Original post by No Man
I don't think that's that bad tbh....
At least it's different.
Idk what that tower thing is supposed to be though.

That tower is the architectural depiction of the rolled joint, it represents the love of our students to smoking pot :P
PS imho Warwick uni has the worst looking campus
Reply 49
UEA without a doubt. So grey and dull, looks like an old demolished soviet building. Mind you though their sports park is one of the best I have seen.
London Met. The entrance is a small alleyway.
Reply 51
Awww I'm so jealous I didn't apply to Aberdeen now! That's damn good looking!

Yes, the Southampton maths building is pretty ugly. But I think it's supposed to be like that. All the building on the highfield campus are designed to look like boats or things along those lines. Obviously because Southampton is a port city. The maths block is supposed to look like an oil rig I think. The avenue campus is really quite pretty though, it used to be an old school.
Reply 52
London South Bank or some other **** London Uni.
Reply 53
I admit UEA is VERY grey and very concrete and can be a bit depressing on times, but the broad and the surrounding areas are lovely. Also, we have bunnies.
Reply 54
I think York is a pretty cool guy. eh has ducks and doesnt afraid of anything.

Though seriously, York doesn't look amazing but it's not terrible IMO. Mostly because of the greenery, wildlife, and the fact that I don't mind brutalism. Though I don't care much for the blatantly modern buildings that have been slowly replacing some of the old concrete blocks.
Reply 55

University of York

Definitely York :yep: It reminds me of a multi-storey car park.
Reply 56
University of Sussex

University of East Anglia

When I saw that part of Sussex, I was reminded of Auschwitz. The tour person said it was apparently meant to represent a camera?

UEA looks like the estate in Gomorrah!

Edit: Is there that one single person going through all my posts negging me?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Regarding York (and I'm not sure why I'm defending it as it was aesthetically indefensible for an unacceptable amount of time in many ways) the new Heslington East development and the changes to the existing colleges in the last 5 years or so suggest that at least someone at some point realised that looking like a series of badly dated junior schools (imagine 6 or 7 miniature Sheffield Hallams set around a lake) wasn't doing it for people any more, if it ever did.

Witness how York used to look pretty much throughout its buildings only a few years ago, like every dreary multi-storey car park you've ever set in. This was home for a year:

And these are the kind of modern yet liveable buildings at the new campus and as seen through the science areas. Very good!

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 58
German universities really suck.

The highest suicide rate we have is also at the ugliest university here. It is Bochum. Same as Essen. Rooms with no windows and asbestos.
SHEFFIELD HALLAM

:awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending