The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I think not - you don't have two teams, certainly not in the same country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's not that I really support Norwich. I'd never pay to go to a Norwich match or buy any of their merchandise. But out of all the prem teams I'd like Norwich to do well, I hope they avoid relegation.

Nothing wrong with that. I also have a soft spot for York City.
Reply 41
Original post by IMBCFC
I wouldnt be so sure of that. He's an "attacking minded midfielder" with some pace and youth. So hopefully first team

Town's development squad to Bradford's starting 11, bit of a sideways move don't you think? :wink:

He's still yet to convince us that he has the potential to be a fairly decent player, despite being with us for years.. Therefore there's quite a few midfielders before him on the team sheet. We appreciate you freeing up some of our wage bill though for the rest of the season! :lol:
Why is Podolski playing against us? Wenger is a sadist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mockery
Town's development squad to Bradford's starting 11, bit of a sideways move don't you think? :wink:

He's still yet to convince us that he has the potential to be a fairly decent player, despite being with us for years.. Therefore there's quite a few midfielders before him on the team sheet. We appreciate you freeing up some of our wage bill though for the rest of the season! :lol:

Ok we shall see when we play where he will be first or second. Oh yeah nice to see Nahki scoring. Gives us some pocket money.
Original post by Kilroy8
Nothing wrong with that. I also have a soft spot for York City.

Why a soft spot for York City ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Why a soft spot for York City ?

I don't really know. Maybe because I like York as a city :tongue: it's a nice place. Don't worry, I have no such feelings towards Bradford.
Original post by Kilroy8
I don't really know. Maybe because I like York as a city :tongue: it's a nice place. Don't worry, I have no such feelings towards Bradford.

Lol. Its good to see our rivalry still exists lol. But I really like Leeds as a city to so well developed. The town centre is awsome.
Original post by Kilroy8

Lol. Its good to see our rivalry still exists lol. But I really like Leeds as a city to so well developed. The town centre is awsome. Where by any chance at the leeds station last saturday when you played Leicester ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Lol. Its good to see our rivalry still exists lol. But I really like Leeds as a city to so well developed. The town centre is awsome. Where by any chance at the leeds station last saturday when you played Leicester ?

Nah, I work every Saturday so can't go to many of the games. I've only been to 4 this year. I'm looking for another job which will hopefully give me Saturday off. If I got the job I'd get a season ticket & go to every away game :smile:
MK Dons falling away from the play-offs again. :sigh:
Original post by alex_hk90
MK Dons falling away from the play-offs again. :sigh:

How did you feel playing AFC Wimbledon last season? The awkward 'Yeah, we kind of killed your club to make ours' reunion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello from Barnet. Happy that there is a combined thread. Saves Cambridge fans having to change thread in the summer as I think they will be promoted back into the Football League.
Original post by barnetlad
Hello from Barnet. Happy that there is a combined thread. Saves Cambridge fans having to change thread in the summer as I think they will be promoted back into the Football League.

Luton look to have it almost wrapped up. Very interested to see if my local non league team Nuneaton can squeeze a play-off place out of this season-almost unthinkable for a part time club.
Rock Fan
x

Dude, edit the "Town" out of the OP next to Brentford please. We aren't called Brentford Town. Sounds like such a hillbilly team.
Reply 54
Original post by Jangrafess
Dude, edit the "Town" out of the OP next to Brentford please. We aren't called Brentford Town. Sounds like such a hillbilly team.

But Brentford FC is based in and named after the town of Brentford. In what way could following the historic and common place naming of football teams possibly make you sound 'hillbilly'? :lol:
Reply 55
2-0 to Watford at the Etihad. I think football has gone wrong.
Reply 56
Can't beat Yeovil at home but winning at the Etihad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading fan here. Hoping for the usual second half of season run.
Reply 58
Original post by CraigWM
Can't beat Yeovil at home but winning at the Etihad...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Scott129
5th best home form apparently, up against the best away record in the Championship. I think a draw looks very likely though and I'd feel most confident predicting a 1-1.

I know my ****.

The general consensus seems to be that we should have come away with all three points though. The second half was a bit of an onslaught apparently.

Quick Reply

Latest