The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Can they afford to sack him?

Depends how long is left on his contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear, West Brom are becoming a laughing stock. Anelka banned, then sacked. Berahino now probably getting the boot too. Won't be surprised if they join you guys next year.
Original post by shawn_o1
Oh dear, West Brom are becoming a laughing stock. Anelka banned, then sacked. Berahino now probably getting the boot too. Won't be surprised if they join you guys next year.

Can't see it tbh - I think they'll survive by being slightly less of a farce than Cardiff and due to Fulham and Sunderland being the pits all season.
Original post by sr90
Can they afford to sack him?

No. They can't afford it. I like McDermott, he has & can do great things. He just doesn't have the squad or funds to take Leeds to the Premier League.

WBA are lucky that a lot of the teams around them look awful. Fulham are all but relegated and have you seen Sunderland's fixtures? Their next four games are Spurs (A), Everton (H), Man City (A), Chelsea (A), they will be dead and buried by then. Which leaves 1 spot between 4 poor sides.
Reply 785

Should've used Vydra more. That man's a machine.

Would rather see Cardiff go down though due to Vincent Tan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
Should've used Vydra more. That man's a machine.

Would rather see Cardiff go down though due to Vincent Tan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would love him to suddenly ask for his £100m+ back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Original post by Midlander
Would love him to suddenly ask for his £100m+ back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or change the kit colour again to a fluorescent pink and yellow striped kit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM

Posted from TSR Mobile

An all purple kit tbh, then they should rename their stadium to The Dragon's Lair. Maybe Vincent Tan used to watch Dream Team :beard:

Original post by CraigWM

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he should team up with the Leicester Thais to form 'Queen Power' and attract a new feminist fanbase.
Would love WBA to fall for obvious reasons, but being a adopted Swansea fan due to Uni, I don't mind Cardiff dropping either!

Who do we all think is going to get the 3rd promoted spot up to Prem Prem land??
Reply 791
Original post by hskjlclcn
Would love WBA to fall for obvious reasons, but being a adopted Swansea fan due to Uni, I don't mind Cardiff dropping either!

Who do we all think is going to get the 3rd promoted spot up to Prem Prem land??

Wigan, with QPR, Derby and reading taking playoffs, Wigan beating QPR in the final and destroying QPR due to their wages.

I want Nottingham Forest but that's not going to happen :sad:

Anyone but QPR, please.

I'd be thinking Bournemouth tbh - they're in a great run of form, not far off the play-offs now. If they maintain that form they'll make the play-offs, and well a team going into the play-offs in form has a good chance.

Wigan. Bournemouth won't make, they are just on a good run, I'd be amazed if they got to the play-offs at all
I'd love Wigan to go up, beating QPR in the final. Then Fulham can come down and we can have a season of Fulham, Brentford and QPR in the same division with QPR absolutely ****ed because of wages and being scum. Finishing one point above the relegation zone after beating QPR on the last day to leapfrog them would put me in a state of happiness for the rest of my years.
So much hate for QPR that I can't really argue with. Ok so here are my predictions - get that money ready.

Championship: Leicester, Burnley & Derby and Relegated: Yeovil, Barnsley & Millwall

League one:
Wolves, Brentford, Preston (although the irony if it's whoever comes 6th) and Relegated: Stevenage, Carlisle, Tranmere & Shrewsbury

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Burton and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers
Original post by Jangrafess
I'd love Wigan to go up, beating QPR in the final. Then Fulham can come down and we can have a season of Fulham, Brentford and QPR in the same division with QPR absolutely ****ed because of wages and being scum. Finishing one point above the relegation zone after beating QPR on the last day to leapfrog them would put me in a state of happiness for the rest of my years.

That would be nice :-)
So much hate for QPR that I can't really argue with. Ok so here are my predictions - get that money ready.

Championship: Leicester, Burnley & Derby and Relegated: Yeovil, Barnsley & Millwall

League one:
Wolves, Brentford, Preston (although the irony if it's whoever comes 6th) and Relegated: Stevenage, Carlisle, Tranmere & Shrewsbury

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Burton and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers

Seems fairly accurate.

I'll go with:

Championship: Leicester, Burnley & Wigan and Relegated: Yeovil, Barnsley & Millwall

League one:
Wolves, Brentford, Rotherham and Relegated: Stevenage, Carlisle, Crewe & Shrewsbury

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers
Reply 799
Here's my prediction:

Championship: Promoted: Leicester, Burnley & Wigan
Relegated: Barnsley, Yeovil & Millwall

League One: Promoted: Wolverhampton, Brentford & Peterborough :smile:
Relegated: Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Stevenage & Notts

League Two: Promoted: Rochdale, Chesterfied, Scunthorpe & Fleetwood
Relegated: Torquay & Northampton

If we're lucky we see Stevenage replaced by Crewe and Millwall by Birmingham. But don't really have much faith in them right now. :s-smilie:

Those upper two are also really good :smile: Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them happen.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest