The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

So excited about the way Bolton have played the last 2 weeks, first time I have enjoyed how we play since the days when we had Okocha gliding down the flank dropping a step over every 2 yards. Real talk, Craig Davies is the hulk. No idea why he hasn't played like this for the last 18 months, but he's gonna get mad goals/assists this season.
Original post by Scott129
Besides the 5-0 drubbing of Forest and the home PO leg against Brighton, that was by far the most enjoyable game I've ever seen in person.

Bring on Watford.

You're gonna walk all over us if we play the way we have been. At Vicarage Road though, might be a close game. Due to our **** defence, expecting a high scoring game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott129
Besides the 5-0 drubbing of Forest and the home PO leg against Brighton, that was by far the most enjoyable game I've ever seen in person.

Bring on Watford.

You were far far far too good yesterday, yes we were very poor but if you don't go up something has gone badly wrong.
The worst day in our history for the last 50 odd years. Somebody put this club out of its misery and we can all go home!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
The worst day in our history for the last 50 odd years. Somebody put this club out of its misery and we can all go home!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least it happened at the Ricoh...

Urgh I feel dirty even raising that as a positive.
Unlucky Cov.
Original post by Mackay
Unlucky Cov.

There is nothing unlucky about losing to a pub team to become the national laughing stock. So fed up of supporting this team when every other Tom Dick and Harry's club is doing fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jangrafess
At least it happened at the Ricoh...

Urgh I feel dirty even raising that as a positive.

Maybe we could ground swap with a team more befitting of our ability. The Dog and Duck perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
There is nothing unlucky about losing to a pub team to become the national laughing stock. So fed up of supporting this team when every other Tom Dick and Harry's club is doing fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds United were beat by Histon in the 2008/09 FA Cup.
Leeds United beat Manchester United in the 2009/10 FA Cup.

The bad, low times make the great times even greater. Your club has basically imploded, you know what it feel like to suffer a true blow, not the mega disappointment of missing out on a Champions League spot :rolleyes:
Original post by TornadoGR4
Leeds United were beat by Histon in the 2008/09 FA Cup.
Leeds United beat Manchester United in the 2009/10 FA Cup.

The bad, low times make the great times even greater. Your club has basically imploded, you know what it feel like to suffer a true blow, not the mega disappointment of missing out on a Champions League spot :rolleyes:

This is true but truth be told I would quite like to swap with one of the oil clubs for a bit. Or just any club that isn't a perpetual embarrassment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/look-coventry-city-fans-anger-8092129

Oh dear Coventry... That's pretty underhanded and stupid by whoever signed that off.
Rosler being sacked has really angered me. He's an excellent young manager, fairly new to managing, and for the last half of last season he did an excellent job with Wigan. Play offs and FA semi-final. His squad has changed a lot and they're bedding in. Admittedly they haven't had a great start to the season but sacking him is just stupid and will probably damage his career.

Urgh ****ing football.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/look-coventry-city-fans-anger-8092129

Oh dear Coventry... That's pretty underhanded and stupid by whoever signed that off.

The way we have been run the owners secretly being Leicester fans makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rosler being sacked has really angered me. He's an excellent young manager, fairly new to managing, and for the last half of last season he did an excellent job with Wigan. Play offs and FA semi-final. His squad has changed a lot and they're bedding in. Admittedly they haven't had a great start to the season but sacking him is just stupid and will probably damage his career.

Urgh ****ing football.

That is the modern game. No patience and no reward for prudence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the other hand, Mark Bradley's wikipedia page has cheered me up immensely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bradley_%28footballer,_born_1988%29

He's holding a fish!

Urgh ****ing football.

Just read there have been 11 managerial changes in the Championship this season already. Watford and Leeds have contributed 5 of them...
Wasps complete 100% acquisition of ACL.
Wimbeldon FC = The Greatest team ever
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Best story of the week.
Biggest win in the Football League yesterday... :biggrin: Makes a nice change.

Quick Reply

Latest