The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: Yifei He
Course:Philosophy and economics
Will you accept their Offer?: Yes, I have already.

For details of the visit day: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/studentRecruitment/visitday.htm
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Name: Nadeem
Course: Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
Will you accept their Offer?: Most definitely !
Reply 3
Anyone attending for L250?
Reply 4
Wish I could go. :/

Make sure you folks take loads of pictures and brochures (and post them up!). :biggrin:
Name: Rosalie
Course: Social Anthropology
Will you accept their Offer?: Erm.... probably. Though still not decided between LSE and UCL
Why did you choose the LSE?: because it's LSE! (3rd for anthropology etc etc etc)

On another note, does anyone know when the day will start?
1 pm
Reply 6
PsychadelicTreeHugger
Name: Rosalie
Course: Social Anthropology
Will you accept their Offer?: Erm.... probably. Though still not decided between LSE and UCL
Why did you choose the LSE?: because it's LSE! (3rd for anthropology etc etc etc)

On another note, does anyone know when the day will start?
1 pm

You just gave a reason for accepting LSE over UCL:p: what are you hesitating about? LSE is far superior, as has been shown many many times on this forum:smile:
Reply 7
Name: James
Course: Economics And Mathematics
Will you accept their Offer?: Don't Know. Thats why i am going, its between LSE and Warwick.
Why did you choose the LSE?: Its LSE isn't it, Enough said!

Is anyone going early to have a look round or is everybody arriving for 1.30?
Reply 8
JBacon
Name: James
Course: Economics And Mathematics
Will you accept their Offer?: Don't Know. Thats why i am going, its between LSE and Warwick.
Why did you choose the LSE?: Its LSE isn't it, Enough said!

Is anyone going early to have a look round or is everybody arriving for 1.30?

Tough choice for you there James; both Warwick's MORSE and LSE's E&M are excellent.
alexeynechaev
You just gave a reason for accepting LSE over UCL:p: what are you hesitating about? LSE is far superior, as has been shown many many times on this forum:smile:

Yeah I know... Though for anthropology UCL IS 4th, just after LSE. And the course there is also excellent and much more diverse/broad than LSE's.
But I know in the end Ill prob just chose LSE because it would be stupid to throw away something like that... even though I know I wont be entirely happy there.
Reply 10
Xanthe
Anyone attending for L250?

that would be me:smile:

Name:s-smilie:am
Course:L250 IR
Will you accept their Offer?:I have...
Why did you choose the LSE?::marchmell
Reply 11
jak....... maths and economics........ firm choice....
cos its good innit.....

ill be there... hope to meet some interestin ppl.. will be last time at lse until summer when there wont be a huge amount of work weighin down on us..
Reply 12
hey all
went to visit day today
how u find it..
i liked it.. location was good ppl were good.. buildings not so much
jbacon... were you in the maths and econ talk?
I didn't like it. I hadn't expected too much though, so wasn't deeply dissapointed. Still, would have been nice to have been seduced by it.
The SU guy seems ready for a career in politics.
The place was small, too compact. Though I did love the Bernard Shaw library (wonderfull sofas just like in Harry Potter. And right nxt to the Anthropology department!).
The central library was of course quite impressive. Loads of Anthropology books in french which was nice.

I just wish LSE's reputation/ quality/ general amazingness was actually concretisé/ represented in the actual site / buildings ...
can anyone who's been, post some pictures for us unfortunate people who didnt have the chance to go see pleaseeeeee??
Reply 15
oh shame...if you had asked, i would had taken some for you.
Ive been to LSE quite a few times, but this was the 1st visited the library. wow! impressive, amazing! hehe

i was sitting next to a guy doing philosophy, and he said "its totally amazing, this place., and well organised,too"
people seem to be friendly, as always :biggrin:
i like that they have a bunch of small tv screens (to check out new events) in St Clement buildings, and the same cool screens in the library. hehe. love it!
Reply 16
jakatak
hey all
went to visit day today
how u find it..
i liked it.. location was good ppl were good.. buildings not so much
jbacon... were you in the maths and econ talk?

To make it simple for identification purposes i was the only male at the back of the room(the furthest person from the room), there was one female at the back to. Did you not like the buildings? I admit some were awful but where we had the maths talk was seemed good. Too bad they can't all look like the libary and the student services area.

PS- By any chance did you get in a lift that took 3 times toi shut, that would narrow things down!
Reply 17
alexandra
can anyone who's been, post some pictures for us unfortunate people who didnt have the chance to go see pleaseeeeee??

Awww, poor you. Have you never actually been there? I would say the visit day itself was not particularly informative, but the people from the Law department seemed pretty cool:smile:
Reply 18
alexandra

I took some but they arent really of anything! I took a few of the general outside and one of in the peacock. Sadly i shot them with a 7.2 megapixel camera and they are 5x too big to fit on TSR. Sorry
Reply 19
lol yeh i got in that lift
i was at the front... asian guy in the brown jacket
i was front of the lecture hall as well.. front row
i dont think i saw you.. bein at the front couldnt see everyone around me.. seems like a decent class though

Latest

Trending

Trending