Reply 60
were you in the old Theater for the eco history talk? cos i was there
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
Traum

No the Eco History talk was in Clement House on floor 7. I'll get the lift next time:smile:.
Reply 62
Traum

What do you look like?
Reply 63
Chinese, I reckon.

:biggrin:
Reply 64
Knogle
Chinese, I reckon.

:biggrin:

lmao- the guy with purple hair:p:?
Reply 65
alexeynechaev

Traum is female. :rofl:
Reply 66
Knogle
Traum is female. :rofl:

hahaha, there were quite a few chinese people there though... I sat next to some girl in a white top? maybe that was her:p: although there were about another 50 in that room:rolleyes:
Reply 67
I really wish I could have been there, heh. :/
alexeynechaev

Was this in the Econ talk, and was there spiky, purply pink bits in his hair? I was talking to that guy in the bar--which was, incidentally, closed--after the Econ talk.
Reply 69
/\Shaz\/
Was this in the Econ talk, and was there spiky, purply pink bits in his hair? I was talking to that guy in the bar--which was, incidentally, closed--after the Econ talk.

Yep, that's the one I am talking about- although I did not talk to him:smile:
alexeynechaev
Yep, that's the one I am talking about- although I did not talk to him:smile:

I don't normally like people who feel the need to do stupid things to their hair and wear stupid clothes (esp. Goths), but he turned out to be pretty cool.

I was at the back of the Econ room, furthest to the right.
Reply 71
I was sat behind him in the intro talk. Needless to say i was dazzled by the great montage of colour :biggrin:
Reply 72
/\Shaz\/
It was OK, but here's what I didn't like:

2. Unlike other open days, there wasn't anything remotely fun, like a tour or something, just yak-yak-yak by people who make you wait and wait and wait just so they could bore the pants off you.

3. It's completely true about the "cliquey-ness". People just seemed to gravitate towards others of the same ethnicity.

4. That STUPID video from LooSE TV. That annoying background beat that just droned on and on; you think, thank god, it stopped, and then it'd just come back and carry on and on...and the extremely boring days depicted by the clip - way to advertise your Uni... :rolleyes:

That's completely true!! I was quite disappointed by the law talk too - did anyone feel inspired after trying to sift through the accent? Also, of the home students approx half were ethnic. Please somebody who's accepted law at LSE convince me that I'm making the right choice going there instead of UCL
Reply 73
Zenophile
That's completely true!! I was quite disappointed by the law talk too - did anyone feel inspired after trying to sift through the accent? Also, of the home students approx half were ethnic. Please somebody who's accepted law at LSE convince me that I'm making the right choice going there instead of UCL

I really think you should make the effort to embrace education with various ethnic groups. Make that decision consciously mentally, and you'll certainly have a fantastic time at university.
Reply 74
Knogle
I really think you should make the effort to embrace education with various ethnic groups. Make that decision consciously mentally, and you'll certainly have a fantastic time at university.

I've nothing against them, I'd love to learn with them but they tend to group themselves in inpenetrable 'cliques'. But that's the same for all unis, anything you can say specifically good about LSE? Please, I really need to decide soon:frown:
Reply 75
World class. Internationally renowned. Insurmountable exposure (to public speakers, etc). Brilliant diversity.
Reply 76
Thanks Knogle :smile: Anyone want to stick up for/really knock UCL law?
Reply 77
Hi, I was also in the law talk and, like you, I found his accent somewhat difficult to understand! There is a very cliquey feel to the place, but I didn't see this is as too much of a negative as I felt that I could have approached people.

Perhaps the law talk put too much emphasis upon the 'branding' of LSE and how that will make everything amazing. I have no experience of UCL but I am so hopeful of going to the LSE, what are your main concerns?
Reply 78
That although I will emerge with the world-famous LSE 'brand' I will have an unenjoyable 3 years. Basically. I feel I'd be more comfortable in UCL but in the long run it won't help my career, I want to work in some MNC. Where were you sitting greg?
Zenophile
I've nothing against them, I'd love to learn with them but they tend to group themselves in inpenetrable 'cliques'. But that's the same for all unis, anything you can say specifically good about LSE? Please, I really need to decide soon:frown:

i know what you mean, i just hope they are not going to be cliquey. i usually try to get to know everyone somehow

Latest

Trending

Trending